Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

PC Peripheral Boot Problems!

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By kindgineer

Hey there, everyone. Long story short, I'm having issues booting my new PC up when there are peripherals plugged in. These can be USB or PS2, it doesn't seem to matter. It doesn't matter either where they are hooked in. Be it the motherboard, the case itself, or any other attachment.

I was wondering if you guys had any experience with this, and whether or not you know of a fix. It gets really tiring to have to get up, remove 3-4 USB/PS2 devices, and then reconnect them every time I restart. There is no Q-Code that pops up as the computer doesn't take power for whatever reason when they are inserted. I'll list my current set up below, and would really appreciate any advice or tips. Also, if you know of any other place to ask this question let me know!

Rig:

Case: CM Storm Stryker

Motherboard: ASUS z87 Pro

Processor: Intel i7 4790S

Graphics Card: Visiontek AMD Radeon HD 5750

PSU: Antec 500W

Memory: Corsair Vengeance 8GB 1600Mhz

Monitor: SHARP 720p 32" Television

The keyboard/mouse are standard, run of the mill pack-in HP devices. I've tried 2 other devices, so the current ones aren't (assuming) the problem.

Thanks, duders!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.