Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

PC Podcasts?

xbenblasterx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey there fella's

Although our beloved bomb squad have been known to touch upon the subject in the past, I'm after some recommendations for either good podcasts or YouTube channels that offer more in depth coverage ofb the world of custom PC building?

Having spent the summer building my own gaming rig and finally converting over from the realm of console gaming I'm looking to improve my understanding of the subject.

So any recommendations you guys have to do so would be great.

Cheers

Xbenblasterx

Andorski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

On Youtube I subscribe to:

• LinusTechTips - Linus does a bunch of product unboxings and GPU/CPU benchmark tests. He also hosts a a weekly live stream called the WAN Show that goes over a bunch of PC and tech news.
    • OC3D TV - Tom does some of the most comprehensive PC hardware reviews. If anything, I'd say he sometimes goes way too in-depth with the stuff he is reviewing. His review of the Corsair 900D case was almost two hours!
    • Tek Syndicate - Logan does a combination of product reviews, weekly tech news shows, and building tips/how-to's. His channel has somewhat of a Giant Bomb vibe; he and his crew cover what they are interested in. This mostly consist of PC tech, but sometimes they'll do a how-to on how to cook breakfast tacos.
    • Tech of Tomorrow - Anything Elric covers would probably covered by the three aforementioned channels, but it's always good to get another opinion on various hardware you are considering on buying.

I'll give an honorable mention to Austin Evans' youtube channel. He's more of a consumer product guy - his reviews cover phones and tablets more than PC hardware - but he often does a guide on what parts to buy to do a PC build at various price points. A month ago he did a decent video on what to buy for a $600 gaming rig.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

I would have thought Brad saying, "This looks like shit, play it on PC instead." would be enough.

Devildoll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

What you need to do is join a hardware community.
    And then just get lost in the forums for like a week.

suggestions - > HardOCPAnandTechTechPowerUp

wastedcolumbo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By wastedcolumbo

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.