PC Screenshot thread

#1951 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1850 posts) -

Definitely looking swell; perhaps I was expecting the game to look a tad more mind-blowing though :o

It is definitely one of those things that looks much better in motion.

@artemesia: Wait, that's only 2xAA? What the hell kind of 2xAA is it? o.o Are those downsampled?

No they are not, I am only running it at 1920x1080 cause that's as far as my monitor goes.

#1952 Edited by AlexW00d (6236 posts) -

@mordeaniischaos This is the first game with whatever the least AA in that is. AAA or something.

#1953 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

@artemesia: That's really good AA whatever it is. Clean, but still sharp. I wonder what they are doing that is that good at 2xAA. Sharp looking game.

#1954 Edited by zenmastah (891 posts) -

Id love to see some Skyrim panoramas myself.

Also, this is just bullshit that i have to wait till friday to play Last Light, boo i say, BOO.

#1955 Posted by AlexW00d (6236 posts) -

Id love to see some Skyrim panoramas myself.

Also, this is just bullshit that i have to wait till friday to play Last Light, boo i say, BOO.

Steam is claiming Thursday for me, so it best not be lying.

#1956 Edited by Korwin (2847 posts) -

@artemesia: That's really good AA whatever it is. Clean, but still sharp. I wonder what they are doing that is that good at 2xAA. Sharp looking game.

Super sampling is essentially just rendering the image at a higher resolution then down scaling it. It's not dissimilar to taking a photo with your phone viewing it at native res and noticing all the individual flaws in the image, then zooming out to 50% and getting a clean crisp image. It's extremely intensive which is why you don't see it that often.

#1957 Posted by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -
@korwin said:

@mordeaniischaos said:

Super sampling is essentially just rendering the image at a higher resolution then down scaling it. It's not dissimilar to taking a photo with your phone viewing it at native res and noticing all the individual flaws in the image, then zooming out to 50% and getting a clean crisp image. It's extremely intensive which is why you don't see it that often.

Ah, I know what SSAA is, I just didn't know what method of AA was being used. If it's SSAA, that's pretty cool. You don't really see that in games very often. I'm curious what 2xSSAA is like performance wise for a game like this. I know it's supposed to be better optimized but optimization only goes so far.

#1958 Edited by Korwin (2847 posts) -

@korwin said:

@mordeaniischaos said:

Ah, I know what SSAA is, I just didn't know what method of AA was being used. If it's SSAA, that's pretty cool. You don't really see that in games very often. I'm curious what 2xSSAA is like performance wise for a game like this. I know it's supposed to be better optimized but optimization only goes so far.

SSAA is generally un-effected by engine optimizations due to it really just being a pixel doubling. None the less on my GTX680 SLI setup I can hold 60 or there about with 2xSSAA turned on (it takes an entire extra card to get that performance though since it's really just 4K in reality), they really did refine the engine in some really amazing ways.

#1959 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1850 posts) -

@korwin said:

@mordeaniischaos said:
@korwin said:

@mordeaniischaos said:

SSAA is generally un-effected by engine optimizations due to it really just being a pixel doubling. None the less on my GTX680 SLI setup I can hold 60 or there about with 2xSSAA turned on (it takes an entire extra card to get that performance though since it's really just 4K in reality), they really did refine the engine in some really amazing ways.

Oui, I am getting about 40-45 constant on my single 4gb GTX 680.

#1960 Edited by MordeaniisChaos (5730 posts) -

@korwin said:

@mordeaniischaos said:
@korwin said:

@mordeaniischaos said:

Full SSAA won't really scale with optimizations, however there are ways SSAA can be implemented that will vary from game to game. And more importantly optimization will directly influence the amount of overhead you have to devote to AA, which is really what I'm getting at.

#1961 Edited by zenmastah (891 posts) -

Bioshock: Infinite

Getting back to this after beating it, still feels good..

Cant wait for the DLCs to hit.

#1962 Posted by BeachThunder (11847 posts) -

Among the Sleep Alpha

#1963 Posted by BeachThunder (11847 posts) -

Proteus

^__^

#1964 Edited by Mikemcn (6982 posts) -
I remember seeing screenshots of this in Games for Windows Live Magazine and thinking, that's the most beautiful game I've ever seen. Now my laptop can pretty much max it out.

Might not be fully max, i just put everything in the options menu up to full, i'm sure there's some AA and filtering stuff i'm missing. I see some screen tearing for example.

#1965 Edited by zenmastah (891 posts) -

Metro: Last Light

Downsampled from 2880x1620 to 1920x1080

Goddam this game is gorgeous.

#1966 Posted by MarkM (289 posts) -

These make nice desktop backgrounds!

Proteus

^__^

#1967 Edited by zenmastah (891 posts) -

#1968 Edited by BeachThunder (11847 posts) -

@markm: Thanks. Feel free to use any of them, if you want. Anyway, some more:

Proteus

#1969 Posted by zenmastah (891 posts) -

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

#1970 Posted by PillClinton (3291 posts) -

Goddam this game is gorgeous.

Damn, that looks great. Even more interested in this now. Still probably gonna wait for a sale though.

#1971 Edited by BeachThunder (11847 posts) -

Some more

Proteus

#1972 Edited by zenmastah (891 posts) -

Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

4K downsampling

Explosions edition

#1973 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1850 posts) -

Some more crummy Last Light shots.

#1974 Posted by BeachThunder (11847 posts) -

Nice atmospheric Metro screens.

Krater

#1975 Posted by BeachThunder (11847 posts) -

Krater

Some more Krater; this time, glitch gallery:

#1976 Edited by Zlimness (553 posts) -

#1977 Edited by BaconGames (3371 posts) -
Alan Wake Day
Alan Wake Night
Trine 2 Snowman!
Trine 2 Spider for Brad

#1978 Edited by BeachThunder (11847 posts) -

Krater

Some more, non glitched out, images:

#1979 Posted by BeachThunder (11847 posts) -

Final set of screenshots from

Krater

#1980 Posted by zenmastah (891 posts) -

GRID 2

#1981 Posted by Mikemcn (6982 posts) -
GB duders go swimming in Arma.

#1982 Edited by ShockD (2401 posts) -

@zenmastah: Those look sweet. Are there realistic collisions like before?

#1983 Edited by handlas (2675 posts) -

@shockd said:

@zenmastah: Those look sweet. Are there realistic collisions like before?

Watcha mean? I tore up my car on one race... one of the wheels ended up popping and I had to drive on the rim for the last half the track. Still won, otherwise I would of just restarted.

Grid 2 looks pretty but I feel like I remember Dirt 3 looking better.

#1984 Posted by Rorie (2858 posts) -

Started up Dark Souls with the default settings from DSFix. Lookin' pretty nice.

Staff
#1985 Edited by Bollard (5441 posts) -

@mikemcn: Nooo missed a Gamenight :( Haven't had the chance to play in one for ages.

#1986 Edited by zenmastah (891 posts) -

@shockd:

Yeah, theres options for cosmetic damage and full damage.

Id screenshot the hell out of the game if not for the motion blur which does not help with the matter.. It looks really fucking good in action though if you have the juice to run it.

Much better than Dirt 3 or Showdown imo.

#1987 Posted by Subjugation (4720 posts) -

EVE: Online

It's actually kind of fun.

#1988 Posted by zenmastah (891 posts) -

downsampled from 2880x1800 to 1920x1200

#1989 Posted by BeachThunder (11847 posts) -

Puzzle Agent

#1990 Edited by zenmastah (891 posts) -

Bioshock Infinite

Downsampled from 2880x1800 to 1920x1200, SweetFX

Remember Me

Downsampled from 2880x1800 to 1920x1200

Remember Me could use better textures..
Oh well.

#1991 Edited by Zlimness (553 posts) -

Here's my Remember Me contribution:

#1992 Posted by shinboy630 (1135 posts) -

@zenmastah: out of blatant curiosity, what kind of rig do you have that you can run and downsample Last Light from that rez? Or is it basically only for screenshots so FPS does not matter.

#1993 Edited by zenmastah (891 posts) -

@shinboy630:

I honestly cant remember what settings i was using when i took those, i think the bottom and top ones are with 2xSSAA and Tesselation normal with Very High settings, it runs about 20.

Think the middle one is with Normal and Tesselation off and no SSAA and it runs at a relatively stable sixty.

I played the game with those settings. Gotta have that sixty with a clear image, im hooked.

i53550 and 8G RAM with a GTX 670.

Remember Me

Downsampled from 2880x1800 to 1920x1200

A bit spoilerish so dont click

unless youre in Episode 5

#1994 Posted by Mikemcn (6982 posts) -
Dark Soulsss
Oh god, that wolf is heavily armed...

#1995 Posted by the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG (4308 posts) -

@whyareyoucrouchingspock: Lord Yeezus blesses you for your patronage.

I would like to let you know that you are ahead of your time

#1996 Posted by Cheesebob (1236 posts) -
#1997 Posted by DFL017 (126 posts) -

@zenmastah: Remember Me looks amazing. Would you actually recommend playing it?

#1998 Edited by BeachThunder (11847 posts) -

Karateka

#1999 Posted by zenmastah (891 posts) -

@dfl017:

Sure, i enjoyed it quite a bit, just not at 60 moneyz worth though so if you can get it for 30-40 go for it.

#2000 Posted by BeachThunder (11847 posts) -

Magrunner: Dark Pulse

Just a few early screens. Good so far; seems like it could get pretty hard.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.