PC Screenshot thread
Hopefully we can get both great visuals and dyanamic environments with games utilizing FrostBite 2 in the future.Since when does the Frostbite engine support dynamic environments/enviro interactions?
If i were a mod i would ban you for this beauty. too much beauty is... just not right. NOT RIGHT I TELL YOU
@Geno: Yeah. All mine.
@CitizenKane: The mod actually got me back into playing the game and I'm completing it again. Aside from the mod itself (and the aforementioned edits - which are a preview of things to come in 1.3) I also use a road texture pack because it's a lot more detailed and better suited to the mod itself. I don't inject any cars or other things which would change the look of the game much beyond that because I want to be in Liberty City and soak up that special Rockstar atmosphere, just in a slightly more detailed fashion.
@Ahmad_Metallic: I'll upload more pics tomorrow, but here's another. :)
I'll post full instructions with all the links too if anyone's interested. That pic was from the previous mod settings, as you can see there's a little too much bloom going on. Still looks cool though.
@SeriouslyNow: ICenhancer is very impressive. I'm fairly certain even next gen consoles won't reach that level of image quality. What settings and performance are you getting?You sound like you think consoles will have GTX 570s or something.. ofcourse they won't reach that level of quality ;o
And when are you gonna run that mod on your beastly rig and show us screens? :D
@Geno said:Not 570's, but something like HD 6850/6870 wouldn't be out of the question. Anyway, I'll consider it as soon as SeriouslyNow gives me some performance information ;D@SeriouslyNow: ICenhancer is very impressive. I'm fairly certain even next gen consoles won't reach that level of image quality. What settings and performance are you getting?You sound like you think consoles will have GTX 570s or something.. ofcourse they won't reach that level of quality ;o And when are you gonna run that mod on your beastly rig and show us screens? :D
@SeriouslyNow: That overhaul never ceases to amaze me, almost bought the GTA4 Complete Edition during the Steam sale just to mod it.
I gave Red Alert 3 another go since it's the TNT game this week. As much as I like RTS' I can't keep up with the pace, it has to be either Shock Combo! or taking my time in turn-based strategy games.
@Geno: @Resident4t: AND @Everyone else.
Instructions for installing iCEnhancer 1.25 with H1Vltg3's edits for GTA IV.
Stuff you need.
- GTA IV with Patch 184.108.40.206 (the mod supports the later versions, including the Episodes From Liberty City, but works best on that version - if you have the Steam version make sure to read the Steam version downgrade instructions because it is autopatched to 220.127.116.11). If you have already patched a retail copy up to a higher version, uninstall it and use the 18.104.22.168 patch.
- iCEnhancer 1.25
- H1Vltg3's edits
- WinRar or similar program which can open and extract RAR archived files.
Optional stuff you may want to add.
- High detail road textures - these look especially good with this mod and it's only a small 93MB download. I use this.
- Better City Texture Pack - these look better in some ways but a lot of the signage is changed to real life equivalents losing a lot of that Rockstar charm. It's huge too - 7.2GB. I don't use this.
- In Game Trainer 1.9 - this allows you to easily spawn vehicles, colour them, set time and weather and heal yourself and the vehicle you're driving among many other things. I find it useful for taking shots.
- Real World Vehicles to replace their Rockstar counterparts - Some people seem fascinated with this aspect of GTA modding. Myself, I prefer Rockstar's take on reality.
Installing the mod and optional components.
- I will assume that you have your GTA IV installed and patched to 22.214.171.124. BACK IT UP! By that, I mean copy the entirety of your GTA IV installation elsewhere - like, say, a folder on your desktop called GTA IV Backup. This is to prevent headaches if you mistakenly break something.
- Extract the contents of the "Normal version for 1040 patch" folder in the iCEnhancer 1.25.rar into your GTA IV installation folder - this is the folder where the GTAIV.exe is located. Replace any files and folders you're prompted for.
- Extract the contents of iCEnhancer_1.2.5_Modified_Final-H1Vltg3.rar into the GTAIV installation folder. Replace any files you're prompted for.
- Extract the contents of Xliveless and YAASIL into the GTA IV installation folder. This is necessary to guarantee the mod works with the games lighting and will allow you to use optional textures, vehicles and trainers.
- Optional : Extract the contents of the In Game Trainer 1.9 into yoru GTAIV installation folder.
- Optional : Copy the gtxd.img "high detail road textures" file into the pc/data/cdimages folder in your GTA IV installation folder. Replace the file it prompts you for.
- Optional : Install the Better City Texture Pack. If you do so you'll need to repeat steps 2 and 3.
To run the mod, just launch GTA IV as normal. There's a readme file in the iCEnhancer rar file - I'd recommend reading it. If everything has worked you should see a text prompt in the upper left corner of your screen while GTA IV is starting up.
- Core i5 750 @ 3.2Ghz (600mhz/20% OC)
- 4GB DDR3 2000mhz Kingston T1 RAM
- Gigabyte P55-UD4P motherboard
- EVGA GTX 470 1.25GB
- Windows 7 x64
- Nvidia 275.50 drivers with 3D vision disabled.
I get around 30-40 frames/sec performance @ 1080p with very occasional dips into mid 20s when loading map sections. I've heard that Nvidia users will get better performance in this mod with the 270.61 driver but I haven't bothered to downgrade.
And there we have it. Hopefully that's enough to get you all enjoying what I do, as I do.
Good luck, have modded lenticular pseudo-realistic GTA IV Batman.
Took some tiledshot 4 screenshots of Unreal Tournament 3. It snaps 7680x4320 resolution pictures, I scaled them down to 1080p so they don't take 97 megs a piece.
@Resident4t: It is, use the 126.96.36.199 version in the rar in step 1 and don't use the rar at in step 2, but only after you've activated the game. It should make a separate folder called ELFC once activated via GFWLive. That folder is where you extract the 188.8.131.52 ELFC folder's contents in the iCEhancer rar to.
Maybe this thread should be a monthly thing like the desktop background thread. I think most of the people will only see the first and last pages of the thread.
Seems like a hassle. I would prefer to have a "go-to" thread, where all these screenshots are archived and you can have continued discussions about them. On top of that, the PC board doesn't move as fast as the others so it might just turn into spam after a point.
@Geno said:I'm too indifferent to download the client at all yet. And what do you really expect from the screenshots? "Oooh, yet another military shooter!" Unless if you want to comment on the dynamic lighting or use of ambient occlusion, or something.@RsistncE said:And then youll be sued for about 200kSurprised that no one has posted screens from the BF3 Alpha yet...There's an NDA.
@RsistncE said:Yeah but the reason I said it was because admittedly most people are treating the NDA as a suggestion more than anything. Case and point being the fact that Youtube has been flooded by Alpha gameplay videos.Surprised that no one has posted screens from the BF3 Alpha yet...There's an NDA.
@1337W422102: Well usually PC screenshot threads are about showing off the tech in the games as much as they are about the actual games themselves. In terms of tech Frostbite 2.0 is pretty incredible in a lot of ways and the screenshots would be pretty amazing.
This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.
Comment and Save
Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.