Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

PC sometimes does not leave mobo boot screen.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

So 50% of the time I turn on my PC it does not leave the screen that allows you to go into the BIOS. Usually just restarting it does the trick but do you guys have any idea why that's happening? It started happening after I upgraded from Windows 7 to 8.1 back at the beginning of this year.

Also my mobo is a Gigabyte GA-Z87X-D3H ATX LGA1150 Motherboard with a core i5 and 8GB of ram.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Go into BIOS and check your Fast Boot settings as well as how long the PC is set to pause at POST.

mikey87144

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

hmoney001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

May want to reset to defaults on the mobo and redo your settings just in case as well.

monetarydread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like others said. Reset to defaults and then see if that fixes anything. My guess is that your mobo has been set to pause the launch if the mobo detects an error during post and that is usually caused by a bad overclock. If resetting will not fix things, then you know you have a faulty motherboard.

Macka1080

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Also, if you have any USB devices plugged, try removing them and booting. I've found that USB dongles and controllers can sometimes halt the boot process for vague reasons.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#7 fisk0  Moderator

Also, if you have any USB devices plugged, try removing them and booting. I've found that USB dongles and controllers can sometimes halt the boot process for vague reasons.

Yup, especially ipods, phones and some external hard drives make my computers unable to boot.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.