I've been cruel to my (what was top of the line) PC that I built two years ago. The only gaming action it gets is with CS:S.
So, I'm looking for suggestions on a new game. Problem is, I'm quite picky. Even greater problem, there is no pattern to the games I enjoy on PC. With console gaming, making suggestions would be easy as I only play JRPGs and fighters. I'll let you duders try to discern a pattern.
- Counter Strike Source (haven't tried CS:Go)
- Guild Wars (dislike GW2)
- Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast (dislike Jedi Academy)
- Call of Duty 1 (dislike all other CoDs)
- Aion (for a free MMO was kind of cool, though I ignored 50% of the games content like crafting, collecting, armor creating, etc.)
- Team Fortress 2 (i liked it for the first year before it got out of control)
- Battlefield 3 (bought for the pretty visuals mainly, so stopped playing after a couple months)
- AC:IV (got for free, hated it. combat was boring and the environment wasn't all that engaging)
- Skyrim (played ~2 hours, didn't like the combat and leveling system)
- Mass Effect (didn't feel attached to the character/story in the slightest)
games i bought on sale and never/barely touched:
- Bioshock 2
- GTA IV
- Broken Age
- SC2 / L4D / AOE2 - fun games, but only if playing in LAN. didn't enjoy playing single-player or random opponents online
I am interested in trying out The Forest when it comes out. Also, the other day I tried Shogun 2. I didn't give it much time and may go back to it, but my initial impression was that the scope was too grand for my liking.
I'm open to any genre. Some exceptions: subscription-based MMOs, Bethesda games, or games that are best played over LAN (I recently moved and don't have friends anymore *sniff*).