Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Playing at an Internet Cafe

cosi83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By cosi83

Oh hello I have never gamed at an internet cafe. But since moving to Asia with just an Ipad and Vita, I'm considering playing Diablo 3 or Total War 2 at the local cafe. If I create a Diablo 3 account, will it save my progress when I switch computer?

MySpaghet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By MySpaghet

On D3 Yes! I strongly recommend you to get an authentication device attached to your battle.net account before doing so though

cosi83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By cosi83

Ah, ok. Thanks May check out Torchlight 2 or League of Legends?

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Azteck

It's really dependent on what games they have at the place, but I can almost guarantee that they'll have League.

ShockD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By ShockD

Oww, gaming at Internet Cafés is so old-school. I miss those times... and StarCraft LAN parties.

Anyhow, yes your data will be saved to your BNet account and will be available anytime you log into your account (pretty much like the SteamCloud). But, as someone before me advised, get an authenticator.

cosi83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cosi83

Would you lot recommend playing this game only at an internet cafe? Upon visiting, I clocked the comfy seats, no smoking policy and the fact that it is packed with locals. Quite frankly, It looked like a great place to game but unless you go VIP, the price for one hour is 8rmb, which equals to 80p. On top of the hefty cost of purchasing Diablo 3, a series I have never played before, it is making me think twice. It is very convenient yes, but it could be costly. I also do not know anyone playing the game, will that hinder the experience?

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Snail

"Oh hello, I have never gamed at an internet cafe" might just be the weirdest possible way to introduce yourself to people.

cosi83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By cosi83

Hehe, why thanks Snail

cosi83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cosi83

So antikorper, this SteamCloud thingy, is that a built in feature at Steam? So, if i was to buy Total War 2 on Steam, I could somehow save my progress, and pick up from where I left off on another computer the next day? If so, dat cool

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By ShaggE

@Snail said:

"Oh hello, I have never gamed at an internet cafe" might just be the weirdest possible way to introduce yourself to people.

I dunno, "Hi there! I can't pee unless you're watching, so I've been tracking you down for years, just waiting for the day I could finally urinate without a catheter again!" has it beat.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#11  Edited By Snail

@ShaggE said:

@Snail said:

I dunno, "Hi there! I can't pee unless you're watching, so I've been tracking you down for years, just waiting for the day I could finally urinate without a catheter again!" has it beat.

But it's lengthy and the person might have fled long before you've finished. You have to be effective.

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By ShaggE

@Snail said:

@ShaggE said:

@Snail said:

But it's lengthy and the person might have fled long before you've finished. You have to be effective.

In that case... "HELLO HOLY FUCK I'M A HORSE"?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.