Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Please help me! about 10/9 pin usb plugs!

Avatar image for canadiantoastzombie
    canadiantoastzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

I don't get it my antec 900 case has these odd 10 pin usb plugs that have a white plastic thing covering one pin so it might be 9 pin and I don't know were they plug in!!! I only have the case so far to my build and want to buy the best mobo but I need to know if those go under onboard usbs or what.

pyromaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By pyromaniac

I dont know what exactly you are talking about..but talk to this guy. He maybe able to help you

VACkillers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By VACkillers

ok im not sure, but i think those are SATA II cables... you dont really need to worry too much about cables, just buy a good power supply and it should have all the cables you'll ever need....

edit :  sata cables connect to your harddrives mostly... a powersupply will come with connectors that you'll need to plug onto the motherboard.... the manual that  comes with the motherboard will give you clear diagrams where the connectors go... its very simply and not too complicated u dont have to panic.....

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Black_Raven

That cable is for the two USB ports on the front panel of the case. I doubt any case would come with SATA power cables. But yea the manual that comes with the motherboard will give you instructions to where the pins go, did the cable come like it did in the pic, with it not already connected to the case? Are you asking how to connect it to a mobo or to the case?

Avatar image for deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96
    deactivated-5c5cdba6e0b96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Yeah just remember to get a good power supply, I had bought a 550 watt and was trying to hook it up but it didn`t have enough cables so I had to go get a 750 watt which I didn`t need.
    So make sure you check these things as they can be annoying when the time comes to hook it all up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.