Printer face off: HP 8600Plus VS Epson 4530 Which would you have?

#1 Posted by Devil240Z (3374 posts) -

I'm trying to decide between the two. I can get either for like $150. they are great on ink, over 2000 pages per cartridge. and they have alot of features.

I probably wont buy a new printer for awhile but I want to know what everyone thinks... or am I the only person who thinks about printers.......

8600 Plus on amazon

4530 on amazon

Also on a side note I also kind of want an Epson Artisan 837 but its shit on ink compared to the others but its amazing with photos.

I guess I'm just a tech nerd. I just want this shit so I can know I have the best stuff. I don't know what I would really use them for, thus I probably wont actually buy them... Its just a fantasy.

#2 Posted by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -

I have always been of the opinion that people that pay more than $40-$50 for a printer are crazy people. Unless you are the type to print off a lot of high quality photos I don't see the point in spending tons of money on the machines. If all you are going to use it for is to print off text documents then just get a cheap one and it will do the job fine. It all comes down to what you want to use it for.

#3 Posted by HarlequinRiot (1098 posts) -

@crusader8463: I'm with you on this. No reason to spend the money on something you don't need. Especially some as un-fun as a printer. Though I would say wireless is a really good feature to have and worth extra money, assuming it's not standard by now which I feel like it must be.

#4 Posted by Chop (1999 posts) -

@crusader8463 said:

I have always been of the opinion that people that pay more than $40-$50 for a printer are crazy people. Unless you are the type to print off a lot of high quality photos I don't see the point in spending tons of money on the machines. If all you are going to use it for is to print off text documents then just get a cheap one and it will do the job fine. It all comes down to what you want to use it for.

I agree with this.

I fucking hate printers. I use mine like once a year, but I still can't get rid of it because that once a year is important as hell. What an annoying piece of tech.

#5 Posted by AhmadMetallic (18955 posts) -

Always be HP-ing

#6 Posted by TyCobb (1972 posts) -

What are you actually wanting to do with the printer? If you are looking to print photos, then I can't help you. If you are looking to print documents and random stuff here and there, then I must suggest that for the same price, you can get yourself a kick ass laser printer for your home.

Toner > Ink.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.