Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

PSU Is Melting.

HS21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By HS21

So I smelled something burning and it was definitely my PSU. I turned off my computer immediately and haven't booted it up since. So now I'm on the road to replacing my PSU.

This is the old PSU: http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2974454&CatId=2533

I'm looking at this: http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=581010&CatId=5441 The reviews for this that I've seen mention getting it DOA.

This one has more reviews: http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/searchtools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=5222602&csid=_21

These are both ATX size correct? I just want to make sure that this will fit in my case and that I have all the connections and cables that I need. Its modular so its all good right? Thanks for the help.

Also, is 850 watts enough for:

• 560 TI
    • 8GB Ram
    • 2 HDD
    • 2500K CPU
    tourgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By tourgen

I'm running something similar with a 650W

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By MikkaQ

It's more than enough for your needs. I have 850 and have the same exact setup, but with a 570. It runs colder than my fridge, and it's overclocked. It's a corsair as well, though a different model.

The TX850W is not modular, by the way. I went for the non-modular one myself, because I was on a budget, I'm insanely good as hiding cables and it really doesn't make a big difference in the end,

Oh and if you DO go modular, don't think you can just up and use the same cables as the old PSU. Use the included cables always always.

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Branthog

850 is plenty. People need to learn not to go cheep on their PSUs. They always seem to buy the cheapest chassis and cheapest PSUs they can, which is just crazy. The PSU is one of the most important pieces of the entire setup. Hell, even if a PSU doesn't outright die, poor performance from it can cause longevity issues for the lifespan of other components.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.