Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Q: "Duplicate" setting stretching screen.

Quesa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By Quesa

I haven't used the duplicate setting in a long ass time, but I've been trying to show PC games off to some friends of mine recently. However, when I have a m/kb game I need to see on both my monitor and the tv I have, using the "Duplicate" setting, which should show the same image on both screens instead stretches the screen in a weird way. It works perfectly find when I use the Extend setting, but for some reason it's not letting me duplicate. For reference, here's how the desktop looks like when using extend:

No Caption Provided

And this is what it looks like when using duplicate:

No Caption Provided

So it makes any game I try to run look super wonky. Duplicate should just show the same image on both screens, but instead it's stretching it. Also note that in the extend shot I just put up two different windows of GB -- it's not duplicating, since you see the start button on one side of the screen but not the other.

For reference I'm using an ATI Radeon HD 7870 with Windows 7 and an Intel i5 4670. Both screens are plugged into the video card.

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Have you tried using the AMD Catalyst software to manage your displays? I haven't been on an AMD card in quite some time, but I manage my monitors through the Nvidia Control Panel.

SomeguyJohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By SomeguyJohnson

It sounds like you have eyefinity multi-display turned on in the catalyst software actually, if you do turn it off.

Quesa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 13

It sounds like you have eyefinity multi-display turned on in the catalyst software actually, if you do turn it off.

This totally fixed the issue! Thanks!

SomeguyJohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No problem man, happened to me with my TV a few months ago

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.