Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Random question. Any help would be awesome.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b9bf8423af62
    deactivated-5b9bf8423af62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey guys. I have a random question. I'm not sure if it's a stupid one or not but I guess there's no harm in asking...

I'm resetting my PC (I was on Windows 8 RP), and reading the description it's basically getting rid of everything and returning the PC to 'factory settings' (Right?... I hope).

The reason that I'm resetting it is because I have OCD and a program won't uninstall/disappear from the list in the control panel, but that's neither here nor there :)

I'm just wondering... the reset is taking a long time... it's been 6 or so hours and I'm up to 49%

My question... the fact that it's taking this long... It's not going to affect the computer's speed after the fact is it? Or is it supposed to take this long?

Cheers for any answers :)

Joey.

Devildoll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By Devildoll

@Joeasis: depends, if its going trough terabytes of data ( or just a shit-tonne of small files on a mechanical drive ), its going to take a while.

I don't do resets though, I just wipe the OS drive and start over.

so I cant comment on the reset affecting your performance or not.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.