Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Razer Carcharias or Steelseries 5H v2

darkgoth678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By darkgoth678

I'm attempting to choose between these two headsets. At first I was surely going for the 5H v2, but after reading some reviews on newegg that it was fragile and it broke easily, I decided to look for something around the same price and I ran into the Carcharias. Overall the Carcharias looks good and reviews on Newegg are very good along with reviews from other sources like Extremetech and Engadget. Plus I heard that the 5H v2's equalizer was more toward the treble side with a lack of bass to make FPS sound standout more. However Im also going to use these headphones for music and things other than gaming so the fact that the Carcharias is all around makes it better.

Opinions please!
    subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By subject2change

Sennheiser HD555s + Clip On Mic. I don't like gaming headsets anymore. Rather go with a quality headphone and a detachable mic. I have HD555s with the Icemat Siberia In-Ear headset microphone attached to it; just clipped onto the wire.

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By jakob187

Whatever you do, never buy Razer headphones.  Those things are NOT comfortable at all, the volume level of them is extremely low even when you adjust your EQs and volume settings all the way up, and the structure of them means that they can EASILY be broken.  I was thoroughly unimpressed with the Razer headphones I had.

Personally, I'm using the Creative Fatal1ty ones, and while the volume is still kinda low on them, the clarity of sound is pretty nice.  They also have a detachable microphone, which I like as well...and they fit very comfortably and snuggly without making my ears hurt at all.  Highly recommended.
    Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Absurd

5h v2

darkgoth678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By darkgoth678

OK guys yeah dont shoot me but i got the Carcharias; However, I really love the thing, its extremely comfortable and the sound quality is really good. 

I guess we will see if it stand the test of time
    jack_daniels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By jack_daniels

-shoots you a giantbomb-

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.