Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Really appreciate some help!!!

Unilad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Unilad
    No Caption Provided

Any know where I can find win7 64 bit driver for this PCI adapter.

3Com Wireless 11a/b/g PCI Adapter

Not good with this sort of thing!

mike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By mike

There may not even be a Win7 x64 driver for that thing. It's pretty old, and 3com was bought by HP a few years ago so legacy device support for their old products is nearly nonexistent.

If you search the web for "SL-3055 win7 drivers" you'll get a ton of results. I recommend not even going to any of those sites...they are mostly either viruses, scams, or both. Especially sites that are something like "sl3055win7drivers.blogspot.com". Also avoid any site that wants to charge you for drivers.

If you really need Wifi for your desktop and no one can help you get that thing working, just get one of these - TP Link USB Nano Wifi receiver. Under $10 and it'll work. I bought one for one of my machines and it works fine.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

Support pages seem to link to an HP site with no sign of drivers. Reviews on Newegg are riddled with people claiming the card doesn't support 64-bit OS's, and that driver support is generally abysmal.

I'd say buy a new wifi adapter.

Unilad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thank you both.

Bought all new rig and tried to save some cash. No worries, I shall grab a new one!

Devildoll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Devildoll

@unilad: a "new" rig?

Oh maybe you the wifi card is just something you found around the house, and not something that came with the computer.
    People are saying that it is built around a AR5006XS chip, an atheros chip, i found a website that seems to have drivers for it.

But i wouldn't expect blazing performance from something made in 2005 and is wireless.

Have you considered just running a cable? i mean, it is a stationary computer after all.
    If all of this is too much of a hassle, follow MB's advice and buy a newer one that supports windows 7 out of the gate. ( as well as hopefully having a lower chance of making your online experience terrible ;D )

Hardywells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone in this thread created a modified driver for that card to use on windows 7, seems to have varied success. I agree with the other, if you can't run a hard line then just buy a cheap usb receiver. You shouldn't have to pay any more than 15 - 20 bucks for one in store.

Unilad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Unilad

@devildoll said:

@unilad: a "new" rig?

Oh maybe you the wifi card is just something you found around the house, and not something that came with the computer.

People are saying that it is built around a AR5006XS chip, an atheros chip, i found a website that seems to have drivers for it.

But i wouldn't expect blazing performance from something made in 2005 and is wireless.

Have you considered just running a cable? i mean, it is a stationary computer after all.

If all of this is too much of a hassle, follow MB's advice and buy a newer one that supports windows 7 out of the gate. ( as well as hopefully having a lower chance of making your online experience terrible ;D )

It was lying around in my cousin's house yeah. Was planning on using cable, but had to switch to wifi and that's the quickest solution I could find.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

just use a USB dongle wifi adapter.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.