Recent Tomb Raider worth buying on sale?

#1 Posted by Deaditelord (14 posts) -

Hello everyone, I was on Steam and noticed that Tomb Raider is on sale for $12.49. Is it worth buying at the price?

#2 Posted by falserelic (5271 posts) -

Hell Yeah, for 12 bucks you can't go wrong...

#3 Edited by subyman (587 posts) -

Yes, very much so. I've never been a TR fan, but I am really enjoying this one.

#4 Posted by 8Bit_Archer (450 posts) -

I think it is one of the best games made this year Not the best story but man its got some killer gameplay. I don't understand why Patrick or Brad had a problem with it.

#5 Edited by Bane122 (783 posts) -

Definitely. It'd be my GOTY so far if not for Bioshock and LoU.

#6 Edited by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -

Definatly. The worse I have to say about Tomb Raider is dont expect a very consistant characture. But the gameplay is very "Metroid" like in that you get items that you need to use to get by obsticals. I wish they would have gone further.

But I paid full price, whatever that was, and do not regret it. It is also a very good pc "port"

#7 Posted by I_Stay_Puft (2949 posts) -

yeah for 12 bucks.

#8 Edited by Darji (5294 posts) -

It not really a question for this price. Do it^^

#9 Posted by Deaditelord (14 posts) -

I went ahead and bought Tomb Raider and am installing the game as we speak. Thank for the quick replies everyone. Really appreciate the input!

#10 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

I really really enjoyed it. Got all the single player achievements and most of the multiplayer ones. You made the right choice.

#11 Posted by MrT (162 posts) -

Heck yeah

#12 Posted by JouselDelka (967 posts) -

It's like Uncharted 2, only more actiony.

BUY IT.

#13 Posted by JasonR86 (9581 posts) -

Yeah. It's one of the best games of the year.

#14 Posted by RVonE (4601 posts) -

While I won't say it's the best game of this year, it certainly is the game i had the most fun with. Playing it bow and melee only was a blast. I highly recommend it.

#15 Posted by Fredchuckdave (5166 posts) -

Yep

@jasonr86 said:

Yeah. It's one of the best games of the year.

#16 Posted by Enai (173 posts) -

Yeah I think it's worth it.
(Also the classic Tomb Raiders are on Steam for 44p each :D)

#17 Posted by OurSin_360 (825 posts) -

Yeah, but do not expect it to be as good as uncharted 2 though lol.

#18 Posted by joker2k3 (35 posts) -

I just got Tomb Raider (for 360) from redditgifts a couple weeks ago, and beat it over the long 4th of July Weekend. It was an AWESOME game. I think $12 is an amazing deal. I would have paid the $60 it came out at.

#19 Edited by Buble (71 posts) -

I paid 30 and I think it was worth that. Just gift it to yourself when you buy it and don't activate it. If you decide you don't want it I'm sure someone will trade you something for it.

#20 Posted by Korwin (2813 posts) -

It was worth buying not on sale.

#21 Posted by golguin (3832 posts) -

Yes. I played the game on release day and couldn't put it down. It's GOTY quality for sure.

#22 Posted by jgravitt (1 posts) -

Yeah, it was my favorite this year so far.

#23 Edited by believer258 (11562 posts) -

@oursin_360 said:

Yeah, but do not expect it to be as good as uncharted 2 though lol.

This man is wrong. Tomb Raider outdid Uncharted in every way imaginable except for story and writing, which are the game's biggest weak points. And honestly, they aren't even that weak. They're on-par with your average summer blockbuster that takes itself too seriously. The game itself is simply great fun from start-to-finish.

EDIT: Aw, shit, necro'd thread. Oh well. At least I got to bash Uncharted again.

#24 Posted by Lexus2jz (92 posts) -

Seriously do people ask if a game is good enough to spend $12.00 on?

#25 Posted by themonkeyworks (71 posts) -

Awesome hair graphics

#26 Edited by Briggs713 (212 posts) -

Yes, buy it.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.