Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Recommend me a motherboard!

Black_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Black_Raven

Soon I'm going to be buying a new intel motherboard and thought I would ask here for some recommendations. I'm looking for motherboards around the price of NZ$200 (US$117)  and has good overclocking ability, performance, etc. I like ASUS motherboards but don't restrict yourself to only recomending that one brand. For the last few years I've been running an AMD processor and havent really been keeping up with the latest when it comes to intel so any recomendations or advice will be a big help. 

keyhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By keyhunter

Get yourself something quad core compatable man, check the NCIX website. You should be able to find one for less than 100.

StressedOutCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By StressedOutCat

Let us know if you want to get DDR2 or DDR2 , this will help us to narrow down the selection.

Gunner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Gunner
    StressedOutCat said:
    "Let us know if you want to get DDR2 or DDR2 , this will help us to narrow down the selection.
    "
    I think DDR2 is waaay better out of those choices.

Id go for that one gigabyte board for 100 bucks.. unless your looking to go SLI or crossfire in the future.
    StressedOutCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By StressedOutCat
    StressedOutCat said:
    "Let us know if you want to get DDR2 or DDR2 , this will help us to narrow down the selection.
    "
    Sorry meant to say DDR2 or DDR3 , = S
    Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Lunarbunny

My current board is awesome...ASUS P5Q-Pro (DDR2/LGA775). Not i7 compatible though. Also note that it's CrossFire, so there may be a cheaper non-CrossFire version.

agent_lost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By agent_lost

My guess is to wait a month or two. Now that the Intel i7 is out, the other motherboard will get a price drop sooner or later.

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8  Edited By Absurd
    StressedOutCat said:
    "StressedOutCat said:
    "
    Sorry meant to say DDR2 or DDR3 , = S"
    Haha, That really confused me

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.