Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Recommendations for Monitor and External Speakers

UrbanGt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By UrbanGt

Hi everyone, I hope this is the right location to post this in, and I figured PC users would know best, I apologize in advance if it isn't. I'm interested in getting a monitor this summer to use to play PS3 games, as well as external speakers to get some good sound, and I'll also be using it as another display monitor for my macbook pro. I don't particularly know a tremendous amount about the best monitors or speakers available on the market, the Tested boards are a little emptier compared to the GB community so I've come here. I'm a freshman college student on a budget so my limit is around $350 for both the monitor, and some decent speakers. Thanks in advance for for any and all help that everyone can provide.

Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By Marz
    UrbanGt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By UrbanGt

Thank you for the recommendation, I will definitely check it out, how are the internal speakers if you do have that particular model? Does anyone else have any recommendations?

Avatar image for starfishhunter9
    Starfishhunter9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Starfishhunter9

I agree with a view sonic screen. I looked online and it had very good reviews. I brought It and am very happy with the performance and value.

subject2change

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By subject2change

LG or Samsung, Viewsonic if this was 5-6 years ago on a CRT. Not anymore.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824005195

If you want a nice 2.1 speaker set
     http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836121036
      5.1 set
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16836116049

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.