Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Reformatted my PC, ran into a (big) problem

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By MethodMan008

So... I found my copy of Windows 7 Professional and figured I'd reformat the gaming PC I just bought.. But I did that and now when I try to get on, I can't get online, saying windows cannot find network drivers..

I assume the problem there is I need to redownload my motherboard drivers on a new PC..

http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Intel_Socket_1155/P8P67_LE/#download

That is the motherboard I have.. What drivers do I need to download to get my PC working back fine?

I'm pretty much a PC noob so I'm not really sure...

Big thanks for the help duders, I messed up! :'(

psylah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By psylah

HOW R U POASTNIG?!

ToastMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ToastMan

No, I don't think you messed up. I think you're right in your assumption, you need your motherboards drivers since the network chip is on there.

I believe that what you're looking for is the one in the LAN menu.

Also, you should have your drivers disc somewhere. Easiest thing for you would be to just to install everything on it.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Barrock

Download the driver listed under LAN on a thumb drive. Transfer it to your formatted PC. Install the driver. You now have internet and a lot more to download. :)

MethodMan008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By MethodMan008

@ToastMan said:

No, I don't think you messed up. I think you're right in your assumption, you need your motherboards drivers since the network chip is on there.

I believe that what you're looking for is the one in the LAN menu.

Also, you should have your drivers disc somewhere. Easiest thing for you would be to just to install everything on it.

I bought it from the pawn shop I work at so it didn't come with any of those discs. :(

Luckily I have a crappy PC at home that still works so I'm hoping I'll download that LAN driver and it will fix my problems.

@Barrock: Thanks duder!

Justin258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Justin258

And after getting the LAN drivers, it should be pretty easy to get all of the other drivers. Not a really big problem at all.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.