Show us your desk

• 62 results
#1 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

I've seen people post up information on their computer rig, pictures of their desktop, and even what their Steam accounts look like. But, I think it's time to see what the place you call home looks like. Your desk. Take a picture of what your desk looks like. What kind of setup do you have? Is it a basic computer with some poor 15" CRT monitor or is it a beast carrying 4 32" HD LCD monitors? We all want to see. Hopefully this will be the official desk picture thread. 

I'll be the one to start. 

Just on a side note. Soon that monitor will be where the printer is at and I will put a 27" HDTV right in the middle.
#2 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

#3 Posted by blitzkriegblizzard (196 posts) -

Stuff looks out of proportion cause this was taken from the iphone camera but thats a 22 inch monitor.  

#4 Posted by Hamst3r (4437 posts) -

Messin' around in After Effects right now:

#5 Edited by FalseDeity (229 posts) -

Terrible phone cam dudes, sorry.
#6 Posted by Vager (1653 posts) -

My cat likes to lay down over there all the time.
#7 Posted by SwiftFire (75 posts) -
@Vager:  wooo you have the same case as me :) thumbs up!
#8 Posted by psyborg0815 (444 posts) -
@Vager: Mine likes to lay on the keyboard of the laptop :/

CABLES EVERYWHERE!
#9 Edited by FalseDeity (229 posts) -
@SwiftFire said:

" @Vager:  wooo you have the same case as me :) thumbs up! "

Heh, that reminded me that I completely shrouded my tower, so here's a shot of that. And yeah, I gotta clean up the place. Also, it appears I have the same monitor as blitzkriegblizzard, though it's my secondary and it's old and dying unfortunately.

#10 Posted by Wunder_ (1167 posts) -
The home of a Malaysian living in Singapore! :3
#11 Posted by Jaqen_HGhar (848 posts) -

Well, my desk is a gorram mess, but I got a few cool things on it, so... why not? 

So, from left to right: Finger drums (barely visible), picture of girlfriend (who sits right next to me on her own desk), pen holder thingy with pens and a powerful green laser, Sonic Screwdriver (tenth Doctor edition), 1T external harddrive, speakers, bowl with a lot of stuff in it that sits on top of a 300Gb external harddrive, a way to small screen, mess in another bowl, regular solved rubiks cube, some Deadwood poker chips, a unsolved V-Cube 7 ( I solved it, then messed it up to solve it again), a monkey hiding behind some Deadwood playing cards, more speakers. 
In front: A neat notebook, Champions Online game, a pocketwatch and my Watchmen cardholder. A skull and some tools, my keyboard, a lego caveman and lots of post-its on what I need in order to build good ships in Shores of Hazeron, my computer mouse. 

Yeah, that's about it... Usually my desk is even more cluttered though. 
#12 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -
@Hamst3r: Dude, that casing looks bad ass. How much did it cost you and where did you get it, because I'm looking for one myself.
#13 Posted by ricetopher (1046 posts) -

This thread needs more ghetto desks...

#14 Posted by OmegaPirate (5523 posts) -

I'll apologise in advance because :- 
A) I operate from 2 desks side by side, so will have a couple of pics up because my iphone camera is wank 
and 
B) my desks are a god damn state - literally a mess, anyone worried about cable arrangement? dont be! I have four 6 socket extensions plugged into each-other! 

So -heres them both together 

Then theres the desk i actually sit at, got my pc monitor, ps3 and a ton of crap (guitar, polos, Starcraft 2 build order notes xD) 

Then there's my table desk which houses my plasma tv, surround sound, 360 and is my sit at desk when playing street fighter 4! also houses a billion cables! 

Sorry for the ghetto ass mess :3
#15 Posted by ColinWright (741 posts) -

Oh shit, I totally misread the title. I need to stay away from /b/

#16 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

How can you guys deal with such a mess? My room is so boring, I'll take a picture soon.

#17 Posted by Franstone (1087 posts) -

#18 Posted by Hero_Swe (1110 posts) -

Damn! Nice desk Franstone. That a logitech joystick? what model and is it doing well?
#19 Edited by Franstone (1087 posts) -

Thanks!
Yea, Logitech Force 3D Pro... It gets the job done. 
As you can see I've got plenty to work w/ so I haven't over-used it, we'll see how long it lasts.   : )
I mostly use it for rudder control or helis in MS Flight Sim but haven't played in a while. 
I've got a bunch or Logitech stuff though, pretty happy w/ all of it.

#20 Posted by Aronman789 (2676 posts) -

Here, though you can't really call it a desk, barely space for my keyboard:

the lack of space is why i buy almost all my games from steam, and my room is tiny, i took this picture from my bed.
#21 Posted by plop1920 (448 posts) -

Taken from my phone so bad quality
#22 Posted by Chandu83 (222 posts) -
@Aronman789: Damn...how do you manage to sit there without no leg room. Won't your back hurt?
#23 Posted by Aronman789 (2676 posts) -
@Chandu83: the wall is right behind my chair, so i turn it around and rest my back on the wall, use the tower as a leg rest
#24 Edited by Chandu83 (222 posts) -
@Aronman789:  Interesting. My computer is in the living room, so space is not an issue for me. 

#25 Posted by Djeffers03 (2545 posts) -

Seeing as I use a macbook pro and use it on my lap I have no desktop to speak of. Anyone have a link to the Post your setup thread? I can't find it.

#26 Posted by adoggz (2035 posts) -

Its a bit messy right now because I should be doing schoolwork.

#27 Posted by MikkaQ (10264 posts) -

Here's the clutter-iffic mess I call home: 

Left to right: NAD Preamp, CD Player, NAD Power amp, Stack o' games, Record player, Macbook, Dreamcast, Cup, Speaker, European portable DVD player (for all my region 2 DVDs), TV, controllers, another speaker, another stack 'o games, PS3, 360, more games, HD-DVD drive, Wii, TV, VHS, Betamax.  

I've got a lot of abandoned tech here, all I need is some laserdiscs, and if I could find my Mini-disk player, I'd be complete. 
#28 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -
#29 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -

I noticed that most of the people here have their consoles on their desks also. Are you guys using HDTV's as a monitor or did you guys find a way to hook it up to your PC monitor?

#30 Posted by AlisterCat (5470 posts) -

You guys are so messy... I can't look.

#31 Posted by Djeffers03 (2545 posts) -
@ch13696: Thanks for trying to help but I was talking about a popular thread I saw a while back where you posted a picture of your living room setup, like this but with your TV instead. 

I really don't like the forum search feature, it never seems to work.
#32 Posted by ectoplasma (960 posts) -
@XII_Sniper: Yeah finally an honest picture *thumbs*
#33 Posted by HydraHam (1338 posts) -

I would show a desk but i don't have a gaming PC, i have a gaming laptop that sits on a laptop stand like this

#34 Posted by Chandu83 (222 posts) -
@XII_Sniper:  that room definitely needs some cleaning! honest picture though.
#35 Posted by Hamst3r (4437 posts) -
@ch13696 said:
" @Hamst3r: Dude, that casing looks bad ass. How much did it cost you and where did you get it, because I'm looking for one myself. "

It's an xclio A380. I got it on either Amazon or NewEgg. it was under $100.
#36 Posted by rflx (572 posts) -

Tuborg. Makes any desk complete.
#37 Edited by zombie2011 (4968 posts) -

I don't have a desk i use my lap. I also do walk around my house naked, and i have a macbook so i thought this pic was appropriate.
#38 Posted by Chandu83 (222 posts) -
@rflx: Dude...very sweet setup
#39 Posted by ch13696 (4582 posts) -
@rflx said:
"
  Tuborg. Makes any desk complete. "
It's so beautiful. Why does the pic look so professionally made?
#40 Posted by Dany (7887 posts) -

just moved in!
#41 Posted by Vinny_Says (5681 posts) -
@Aronman789: how do you open that closet?
#42 Posted by commandercup (500 posts) -

Man, I love my current desk setup and the huge whiteboard on the wall. I've been through so many configurations and desks, but my current setup is my favorite by far.

Oooh a panorama!
#43 Posted by rflx (572 posts) -
@ch13696 said:
" @rflx said:
"
  Tuborg. Makes any desk complete. "
It's so beautiful. Why does the pic look so professionally made? "
Hah. Well, when I took the photo it was super yellow, so I just purdy'ed it up a bit on Photoshop. Nothing fancy.
#44 Posted by Hourai (2795 posts) -

#45 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1490 posts) -

I know what your thinking. I also think that Band of Brothers case is badass.
#46 Posted by MrCandleguy (822 posts) -

Here is mine, 42inch plasma TV, my little sister is playing Red Dead

The green bottle is a Lift Plus, and it tastes great.
#47 Posted by Black_Raven (1759 posts) -
@wh4tshisface said:
" Oh shit, I totally misread the title. I need to stay away from /b/ "
Lucky you realised so you could cancel the upload eh? lol.
#48 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

OH!  This video works here too.  (actually I meant to post it here but saw another post)

#49 Posted by Jadeskye (4366 posts) -

#50 Posted by raiz265 (2233 posts) -

After a couple of days of Starcraft 2 and WoW... (Pizza and Guinness, yay!)

After I got bored and cleaned it up... 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.