Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

So I bought 2 x ATI 4670's for £70 each.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170
    deactivated-5e0e0ee2ea170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 0

I own two systems and my older system's x1950xtx was showing it's age and I use my 4870X2 system for playing top games only like Crysis and GTA4 so that it doesn't become clogged up with registry and that. I then use my older system for playing all the odd games like The Witcher or COD WaW, generally games that I'll play for 5 mins and throw away. I decided to upgrade it to a mid ranged and I've stuck with ATI since the 9800pro and never had a single problem with them.. apart from when I died in Counter Strike once and threw my monitor at my old PC and it broke my x800 back in the day lol.

Anyways I've just come to post on how great the card is for a midranged budget card. I tested it with two games that I have installed already on this machine... Left 4 Dead and Unreal tournament 3 and a single £70 card ran them like a dream. Each card has 1GB of memory making for a total of 2GB when Crossfired up which is even enough to max out GTA4, in theory but I havn't tried it.

With a Single card with Left 4 Dead maxed out running in 1440 x 900 I was getting 85-90FPS and with two of them which only cost me £140 I was getting over 150FPS.

With a single card in Unreal tournament 3 on 1440 x 900 maxed out I was getting 76FPS and with two 95FPS and both of them were steady always over 60FPS.

Great cards if you only have £70 to spare and I was getting more performance outta a single card than I thought I would, that I'm going to take my second one out and give it to my friend.

zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By zyn

Yep, I got myself one (upgraded from a nVidia GeForce 6600GT). Great price for a great card!

jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By jakob187

In Europe, I guess that's good.  I don't know really.  70GBP is roughly, what, 100USD or so?  Newegg has the cards for about $80 each...so I would figure that with that, + shipping and tax...yeah, that comes out about right.

We just put Sapphire 512 4650s in our new rigs at work, and those things are BEASTS!!!

Have fun with that gaming.
    Will1Lucky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Will1Lucky

If I upgrade from my 1950x Pro within the next 3 months that Card was at the top of my list for a low cost upgrade, Nice to know it performs well.

PureRok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By PureRok

Meh. I hate ATI (and AMD).

Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Lunarbunny

I have no experience with the 46xx's but they're based on the 48xx's which I bought 2 4850s a few months ago. They're good cards, and I've been doing nVidia for the last 6 years.

Avatar image for canadiantoastzombie
    canadiantoastzombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

ATI FTW!!!

darkgoth678

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By darkgoth678

canadiantoastzombie said:
    "ATI FTW!!!"

+1

yeah I went from an 8600GT on my old dell to a 4850 in my new rig and now I cant imangine playing on anything less...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.