Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

So I want to buy a Flight Stick

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 12

I've messed around with flight simulators in the past and I think it's time I invest in a flight stick. Issue is I don't really know where to start. Can anyone recommend a decent entry level one?

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Corevi

A good cheap one is the Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X. It's similar to what Drew has but about $100 cheaper.

It's available on Canadian Amazon but it's apparently sold out everywhere else.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By GERALTITUDE

@corevi said:

A good cheap one is the Thurstmaster T-Flight Hotas X. It's similar to what Drew has but about $100 cheaper.

You must have meant Thirstmaster X, the infamous top of the line blender :D

As for the flight stick I need one myself. Amazon.ca has this baby for 54.99 and free shipping. Seems like a good deal!

No Caption Provided

JeremyKO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@geraltitude: I just checked the US amazon and it's only selling through third parties for well over 100 bucks. I'm guessing Elite caused a pretty steep demand spike and they sold out.

Avatar image for deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee
    deactivated-64bc6edfbd9ee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I JUST researched this. For starters, I'd say a Thrustmaster HOTAS X (check Fry's Electronics -$50 - More coming in Feb), or a Saitek x52 (I got mine on ebay for 100 bux.

It's a good starting place and you can always upgrade. My Saitek x52 worked out of the box with Elite Dangerous AND Star Citizen

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

@jeremyko said:

@geraltitude: I just checked the US amazon and it's only selling through third parties for well over 100 bucks. I'm guessing Elite caused a pretty steep demand spike and they sold out.

Yeah, 1 out of every 1000 times you luck out being in Canada.

IamTerics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

The Thrustmaster above is the one I have, its cheap and works. Its probably not great for hardcore flight sims, due to lack of buttons, but its certainly cheap. I have had problems with configuring the deadzone though. I've also heard good things about the Saitek X52. Its more advanced than the Thrustmaster but pricier.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
    deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I might go with the Saitek. Been doing some looking on amazon and with only 3rd parties selling the thrustmaster it's price is climbing up to be at the same level.

chiablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Why settle when you can get the best? http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2014/09/flying-in-style-with-thrustmasters-450-warthog-joystick/

On a serious note though, I've had bad luck with Saitek in the past and would discourage anyone from getting the X52. If you want a great (and inexpensive) joystick, look at the Thrustmaster 1600m. It uses the same hall-effect sensor as the Thrustmaster Warthog, has a throttle slider on the stick base (which will save you desk real estate), and is left-hand friendly.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.