Steam Big Picture mode

#1 Posted by warxsnake (2650 posts) -

Anybody wish that along with putting out big picture mode, valve takes the new interface style (just the visual style) and applies it to the standard PC version? The difference between the two is so jarring now, its reinforcing the fact that the classic style looking outdated and shitty.  

As for big pic mode, I think its fantastic, for being in beta anyway, miles ahead of any xbox menu. 

#2 Posted by Jrinswand (1709 posts) -

Nope. That sort of thinking is what got the Xbox 360 dashboard fucked up.

#3 Edited by warxsnake (2650 posts) -

I said visual style only, not functionality. Sigh 
Anyway if they dont do it someone on deviantart probably will make a skin

#4 Posted by Dtat (1623 posts) -

I'm not sure how you would change the look of the store without inherently changing the way you interact with it.

#5 Posted by warxsnake (2650 posts) -
#6 Posted by IceColdGamer (605 posts) -

It ain't broke, don't fix it.

#7 Posted by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -

As much as I love Steam, it drives me nuts seeing how little has been put into improving the Steam client itself. While them finally adding volume sliders to videos has been the biggest fix for a long time pet peeve of mine, I wish they would show the client some more attention. It seems like everything they have added to it over the years has not been a single thing that I use. The biggest one off the top of my head is for them to add tab browsing on the store page as it's a nightmare to navigate through during sales or unless you go in with buying a single game in mind.

#8 Posted by crusader8463 (14422 posts) -

@warxsnake said:

@Dtat said:

I'm not sure how you would change the look of the store without inherently changing the way you interact with it.

Some examples here http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1161035

That's just re-skinning what's already here not changing the way the application functions and displays information. Redesigning the UI is a lot more work then uploading furry .jpg's in a resolution to replace header/footer graphics.

#9 Posted by eskimo (477 posts) -

I dont get it. If you like big picture mode, use that, if not, then don't. Whats wrong with choice?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.