Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Steam Big Picture mode

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By warxsnake

Anybody wish that along with putting out big picture mode, valve takes the new interface style (just the visual style) and applies it to the standard PC version? The difference between the two is so jarring now, its reinforcing the fact that the classic style looking outdated and shitty.  

As for big pic mode, I think its fantastic, for being in beta anyway, miles ahead of any xbox menu. 

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Jrinswand

Nope. That sort of thinking is what got the Xbox 360 dashboard fucked up.

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By warxsnake

I said visual style only, not functionality. Sigh 
    Anyway if they dont do it someone on deviantart probably will make a skin

dtat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By dtat

I'm not sure how you would change the look of the store without inherently changing the way you interact with it.

warxsnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By warxsnake
    IceColdGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By IceColdGamer

It ain't broke, don't fix it.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By crusader8463

As much as I love Steam, it drives me nuts seeing how little has been put into improving the Steam client itself. While them finally adding volume sliders to videos has been the biggest fix for a long time pet peeve of mine, I wish they would show the client some more attention. It seems like everything they have added to it over the years has not been a single thing that I use. The biggest one off the top of my head is for them to add tab browsing on the store page as it's a nightmare to navigate through during sales or unless you go in with buying a single game in mind.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By crusader8463

@warxsnake said:

@Dtat said:

I'm not sure how you would change the look of the store without inherently changing the way you interact with it.

Some examples here http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1161035

That's just re-skinning what's already here not changing the way the application functions and displays information. Redesigning the UI is a lot more work then uploading furry .jpg's in a resolution to replace header/footer graphics.

eskimo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By eskimo

I dont get it. If you like big picture mode, use that, if not, then don't. Whats wrong with choice?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.