Steam Big Picture Mode dropping today

#1 Edited by Krakn3Dfx (2480 posts) -

http://kotaku.com/5941894/heres-the-launch-trailer-for-steams-big-picture-mode

Finally. I've been looking forward to this, and just happen to have a spare quad core AMD box with a GTX460 sitting in it to play around with this on. Hopefully being able to boot right into the Steam Big Picture Mode will be possible, then you'll rarely ever need anything other than a gamepad to move around the interface and launch games.

Anyone have any plans to build a gaming PC specifically for their home theater just for this purpose? I don't see myself using my main gaming rig for it since I like to sit at my desk and play as well, but having a "console" PC to play Steam games could be potentially awesome.

#3 Posted by Swick (222 posts) -

Interesting keyboard...

#4 Posted by Jrad (619 posts) -

I have a decent sized HDTV in my room, close to my PC and monitor setup, so I can switch between the two at will (Windows + P) -- so for me, Big Picture Mode isn't a huge deal. I'll probably try it out though.

#5 Posted by Krakn3Dfx (2480 posts) -
#6 Edited by believer258 (11066 posts) -

Gonna give it a whirl when I get home - and yes, I definitely see myself using it for browsing through games I might want to play during a podcast. Borderlands or Just Cause 2, something of that sort.

EDIT: They should do a five or ten minute Quick Look of this!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.