Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Steam Question

SonicFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By SonicFire

Total noob question here: can you play games that you've downloaded via steam even if you don't have an active internet connection? 

In other words, do you have to login to Steam before you can play games that you've already downloaded? 

Thanks

Dalai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Dalai

As long as they're updated and don't have separate 3rd party DRM that requires a connection, then yeah you should be able to play most games offline.

SonicFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By SonicFire

Thanks man. I just got into PC gaming, and while I love steam (and having a library of games on my HD) I'd be totally afraid of not being able to access the stuff I paid for!
    sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#4  Edited By sjschmidt93

Yeah, you can use offline mode.

dipstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By dipstick

The only thing about that is,you need to have the check box marked "Remember my password" checked in order for it to work. Last time I was switching between accounts I had issues with offline mode stating "There are no account credentials stored on this computer" 

Every time I've had that box checked that issues has never come up.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.