Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Steam question - Batch download?

Wuddel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Wuddel

Hey guys.  

I just got a new rig (Mac Notebook Dualboot -> proper gaming pc). Since I have games and only games on the Windows installation I did not really bothered with backups. So I do need to download everything fresh on the new computer. Is there a "button" to hit that just downloads and installs everything (also I am moving from 100GB -> 1TB, so finally enough space for everything), so I can start that and got to work and play my games in the evening?

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By mosdl

Steam will download the games you have bought, but you would be limited by your net connection.

Avatar image for captaintightpants
    CaptainTightPants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By CaptainTightPants

@mosdl: I think he is asking if there is a way to cue every game he bought to download while he is gone one after the other. 
    Unless he want's to download all at the same time.

TotalEklypse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By TotalEklypse

just click on what it is u are going to download and download it. it would take you all of 2 minutes to que up everything you want. then yes all of it will download.. but there is not a button that just downloads everything you own to my knowledge.

Mitch0712

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Mitch0712

steam should do what itunes does and have a button for turning on simultaneous downloads on or off

hakooon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By hakooon

Just click Install on all your games in the Library tab and go to work. When you come home your games will be ready.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.