Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Suggestions for containers to keep extra PC parts

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By GaspoweR

I need to ask for some suggestions from you, wonderful duders, on good container/s to keep my extra PC parts and tools. I'm currently using the old box that housed my case and I want to transfer it to another big, proper (possibly plastic) container.

YoThatLimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

I normally just use a big freezer bag and keep it in my closet for extra parts and cables.

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I use a small plastic bin that I got for 5 bucks from Zellers (RIP Zellers)

guanophobic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I use the power of my digital locker® and the cell processor™ to unlock new potential in my old, discarded components in the future.

monkeyking1969

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By monkeyking1969

If you have a local PC repair place in your area hit them up for some Anti static Dissipation (ASD) bags and some plastic cpu/ram holders; they will give you them for free in most cases if you ask nice. Then just put everything in a Rubbermaid bin or anything you want.

I have the parts of 20 computers in my apartment. I put everything I'm 'keeping' or is useful in ASD bags. (All my scrap is just in a box with mobos, daubos, hdds ram, and cpus all in different areas of a cardbaord box...or common ziplock bags. )

Know how they say BE CAREFUL you could bend the pins on a CPU or only touch the sides of this or that? [Ahhhh!!] Let me tell you bending those CPU pins is pretty hard unless you drop it on the floor or do something really dumb like try to put it in upside down while trying to latch it closed. And, RAM and other bits should be clean...but not weirdly psycho clean.

Sure, a nice CPU should get in a nice plastic holder, and wrapping good ram in an anti-static bag is wise...but you can get that sort of stuff for free from a computer repair place if you ask.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.