Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Suggestions on new gaming mouse and keyboard

Avatar image for beautifulspacecowboy
    BeautifulSpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

The time has come. My mouse and keyboard seem to be giving up the ghost (at the same time no less). I have long put off getting a mouse that could be considered a "gaming mouse" so I figured now would be a good time to get one. I am looking for something that will be reliable and affordable. Any keyboard suggestions would also be welcome, but that is not a big a deal as the mouse.

Three0neFive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Three0neFive

You're probably going to get a lot of G5 and Dethadder, but personally I like the feel of my Microsoft Habu. It's only 2000 DPI, so it probably couldn't be considered a gaming mouse (Though that hasn't stopped me from raping face in UT '04), but I find it a lot more comfortable than the time I had with a friend's G5. It's only got two macros, though, so if that's more important than comfort you might just want to consider the other two.

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Yukoei

Deathadder and Lycosa. 

/thread
    Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Jams

After using a lot of gaming mice and gaming keyboards I think I could give you a good idea of what you might want to get.

Logitech MX 518 High Performance Optical Gaming Mouse (Metal) 

Logitech G9 Laser Mouse 

Saitek Eclipse Keyboard ( PZ30AU ) 

If you don't like those, I would suggest making sure that the keyboard you get has back lit keys and preferable the letters in the keys are lit. If not the Eclipse keyboard than the G19 or its brother products. I bought a steel series keyboard that is mechanical and it is heavy and great except that it isn't back lit and that kind of killed it for me since I could never see what I was pressing (or if I lost my place to get back into muscle memory position).

The Logitech G5 is the best mice I have ever used. It has the best feel. Right now I use the G9 and its good, but I miss the days of my black Eclipse + BF2142 special edition G5 laser mouse.

EDIT: 
     Damn those Razer products look pretty damn good. The Lycosa looks sleek.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By HitmanAgent47

steel series ikari and razor imperator

ch13696

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#6  Edited By ch13696

Razor has some good products as far as mouses go. I've only seen one of their keyboards. Anyways, I use a Saitek cyborg keyboard. But if you play MMO's then try finding one with macro's. There are also Zboards. You can change out the keypads altogether for a gaming set. I have a World of Warcraft and Battlefield 2142 keyset. Pretty nice.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Snail

I would go with the Logitech G5 gaming mouse if you are looking for a bargain. Yes, it's relatively old but it's still very good and cheaper than other gaming mouses out there. Personally I wouldn't pay a bazillion euros for something like a Logitech G9. The G5 should fulfill your needs quite well.

sjschmidt93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

User Lists: 20

#8  Edited By sjschmidt93

I use a Logtiech G15 keyboard, but if you have deep pockets the G19 is great.

Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
    deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

@jams said:
    " After using a lot of gaming mice and gaming keyboards I think I could give you a good idea of what you might want to get.

Logitech MX 518 High Performance Optical Gaming Mouse (Metal) 

Logitech G9 Laser Mouse 

Saitek Eclipse Keyboard ( PZ30AU )   If you don't like those, I would suggest making sure that the keyboard you get has back lit keys and preferable the letters in the keys are lit. If not the Eclipse keyboard than the G19 or its brother products. I bought a steel series keyboard that is mechanical and it is heavy and great except that it isn't back lit and that kind of killed it for me since I could never see what I was pressing (or if I lost my place to get back into muscle memory position).  The Logitech G5 is the best mice I have ever used. It has the best feel. Right now I use the G9 and its good, but I miss the days of my black Eclipse + BF2142 special edition G5 laser mouse.  EDIT:   Damn those Razer products look pretty damn good. The Lycosa looks sleek. "

I can vouch for the quality of the MX518.
    Avatar image for beautifulspacecowboy
    BeautifulSpaceCowboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Thanks for the advice. I will look into what you guys have recommended so far.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.