Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Switched from monitor to TV as display need help.

goodwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By goodwood

A few days ago my pc monitor died and wouldnt turn on so I had to switch to my tv for the display. Since the tv has no DVI port and I dont have my VGA cable with me, I am using an S-video cable. After switching the display looks like shit and the text is hard to read. Switching resolutions didnt help much. How do I fix this?

Gary_Gannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Gary_Gannon

Is it a flat panel LCD TV? alot of TV's cant render PC text very well...also knowing what the native resolution of the tv is and changing your pc settings to that may help

toowalrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By toowalrus

The problem is the S-video. I tried it once, it's shit. When I tried using S-video, there were only two selections of resolutions to choose from, and nethier produced a picture capable of reading text. You need to use VGA.

goodwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By goodwood
    @TooWalrus: Ya S-video looks like shit I can hardly see what im typing right now. Im at school and left my vga cable at home so I might wait it out til after the break. Any of you guys have experience using tv tuner cards I feel like if im using my tv as the display I might look into that.
    goodwood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By goodwood

Oh and ya its a flat panel LCD. and its only giving me two choices for the resolution and cleartype tuning didnt help with the text.

Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By Willy105

S-video is not in HD, and computer monitors are above HD.

You are trying to see text designed for something higher than HD when the video quality is only being outputted to SD. That's why you can't read it. Try using a zoom function.

Meowayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Meowayne
    @goodwood said:
    " I am using an S-video cable. The display looks like shit and the text is hard to read. "
    Duh.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.