Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Terry Crews building his own PC: "I am part of the PC master race"

• 55 results
    deepcovergecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By deepcovergecko

I felt like this needed to be posted. He wasn't kidding when he made that mouse and keyboard comment during E3 huh!?

teaoverlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Playing Rocket League with a mouse and keyboard is too far.

deepcovergecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Playing Rocket League with a mouse and keyboard is too far.

I can understand that more than people who play fighting games with a keyboard, that is alien to me

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah they showed him playing m/kb in the e3 video lol, this is cool. I wish i had components like this when i did my first build lol, i had the budget build going for the longest and i'm finally stepping into the upper/mid tier level.

deepcovergecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yeah they showed him playing m/kb in the e3 video lol, this is cool. I wish i had components like this when i did my first build lol, i had the budget build going for the longest and i'm finally stepping into the upper/mid tier level.

I'm coming back from asia for about a year next month and I am going all out with my next build, I cannot wait!

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I have to admire someone who can come in dead-last in a sea of other non-gamer celebrities and say "that was fun, I'm actually going to do this!"

That's really cool. Good for him and his son.

cmblasko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cmblasko

Terry Crews seems like a genuinely cool dude.

teaoverlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deepcovergecko: I can understand playing fighting games on a keyboard if you don't have a fight stick but you have a mechanical keyboard. The keys probably feel better than gamepad buttons, and some people like moving with buttons instead of a stick anyway; at that point a keyboard probably isn't a bad choice.

atomicoldman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watch Terry drop kick all these components into a case before calling it a D-A-Y

downloaded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By downloaded

This is awesome haha. Seems like a really fun, healthy perspective to have on staying fit and enjoying gaming and it was cool to see him take it on as a project with his son. I want to game with Terry!

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

His kid is hyped!

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By mikemcn

Terry Crews is great in Brooklyn 99.

Cirdain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -1

User Lists: 6

Terry Crews is a wonderful gentleman.

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He got the bug at that Battlefield event...
    I actually gave him some tips when he posted a picture of the build in process and he replied, made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. ; )
    He seems like a genuinely cool, caring, outgoing dude, with a nice lil family to boot. Nice bonding moment with his son, now they can fight over who's using it, hahah.

damodar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@deepcovergecko: Are you familiar with the hitbox controllers for fighting games that is basically just an arcade stick, but instead of a directional stick with a microswitch for each cardinal direction, it has seperate buttons? I use an arcade stick because it's what I like and I don't feel like it creates any execution barrier, but the hitbox is probably the theoretical ideal controller for a lot of fighting games. Conceptually, a decent keyboard with good switches really isn't that far removed from that at all. I can totally understand why somebody would opt for keyboard over a gamepad or something. The mechanical precision and feedback on inputs should be better than most gamepads, which have comparatively mushy buttons/dpad etc

Also, Terry Crews is such a national treasure, I'm surprised Nic Cage hasn't stolen him.

OMGFather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By OMGFather

What an awesome Dad.

ToastMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Man, I love this. What a cool, down to earth dude. Here's him showing off his Vive.

Some one really need to tell him to drop this whole "master race" bullshit, though.

teaoverlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toastman said:

Man, I love this. What a cool, down to earth dude. Here's him showing off his Vive.

Some one really need to tell him to drop this whole "master race" bullshit, though.

PC MUSTARD FACE 4 LYFE U CONSOL PESANT LOLOLOLOLOL

Avatar image for giantlizardking
    GiantLizardKing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GiantLizardKing

@mikemcn said:

He's even better as the Office Linebacker.

That's Terry Tate.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

Man what a feel-good video.

Honestly last person I'd expect to go and do this but it's super cool how he wants to learn all this stuff to stay current with his sons hobbies and isn't one of those "GO OUTSIDE LIKE WE DID BACK IN MY DAY BOY" kinda dads.

Awesome stuff and he seems genuinely cool and down to earth.

BabyChooChoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By BabyChooChoo

@toastman said:

As much as it makes me cringe, Terry Crews probably doesn't give a shit and says it in good fun and that's fine. "The Internet" on the other hand are probably in full circlejerk mode at the sound of a celebrity (especially one as universally beloved as Mr. Crews) chanting along with the whole "PCMR" thing.

That aside though, I still love this dude. He always seems like he's just fucking enjoying life.

Avatar image for hippie_genocide
    hippie_genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mikemcn said:

He's even better as the Office Linebacker.

That's Terry Tate.

You kill the joe, you make some mo'! Words to live by indeed.

deepcovergecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By deepcovergecko

Does anyone else think his son's voice sounds a little like Suzanne from OITNB?

I can't un-hear it now.

I love that new Vive video, now Terry is thinking about building another PC?! The guy is hooked.

@damodar said:

@deepcovergecko: Are you familiar with the hitbox controllers for fighting games that is basically just an arcade stick, but instead of a directional stick with a microswitch for each cardinal direction, it has seperate buttons? I use an arcade stick because it's what I like and I don't feel like it creates any execution barrier, but the hitbox is probably the theoretical ideal controller for a lot of fighting games. Conceptually, a decent keyboard with good switches really isn't that far removed from that at all. I can totally understand why somebody would opt for keyboard over a gamepad or something. The mechanical precision and feedback on inputs should be better than most gamepads, which have comparatively mushy buttons/dpad etc

Also, Terry Crews is such a national treasure, I'm surprised Nic Cage hasn't stolen him.

Yep I know them, just moving with buttons seems alien to me in a fighting game. I used to button dash on Marvel though so that's kind of like using a Hitbox in one sense.

Captain_Insano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

Terry Crews is awesome generally.

SpaceInsomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#26  Edited By SpaceInsomniac

@babychoochoo said:
    @toastman said:

As much as it makes me cringe, Terry Crews probably doesn't give a shit and says it in good fun and that's fine. "The Internet" on the other hand are probably in full circlejerk mode at the sound of a celebrity (especially one as universally beloved as Mr. Crews) chanting along with the whole "PCMR" thing.

That aside though, I still love this dude. He always seems like he's just fucking enjoying life.

He's so new to all of this, it wouldn't surprise me to learn that he has no idea that "PC master race" is primarily something intended to shit on console owners. I'm betting there's a good possibility that he sees it only as something positive, not insulting.

Then again, perhaps I'm just giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Humanity

@spaceinsomniac said:
    @babychoochoo said:
    @toastman said:

He's so new to all of this, it wouldn't surprise me to learn that he has no idea that "PC master race" is primarily something intended to shit on console owners. I'm betting there's a good possibility that he sees it only as something positive, not insulting.

I think context is so key. When I hear someone mention it on a forum I generally take it as a negative thing because I imagine the person saying it is your typical PC elitist that loves to shit on consoles without understanding (or more importantly even attempting to understand) why some people choose to game on them.

When Crews says it I take it that he just means "I'm part of the PC club now!" in a positive way, without any of the negative connotations that the "PC ONLY BRUH" crowd have managed to build up over the years.

I game on both and see the advantages and weaknesses of both. Basically I'm saying I'm a superior human being. Anyone that flaunts their exclusivity to either platform in 2016 is really out of touch with the times.

deepcovergecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By deepcovergecko

@spaceinsomniac said:
    @babychoochoo said:
    @toastman said:

I think taking it as a negative at all times is wrong, the PCMR thing is quite funny and I don't use it seriously, just in jest - which is fine in my opinion. It still makes me laugh thinking of the video it originates from but like everything someone takes it too seriously.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ivdamke

Wait do people not know pc master race is an ironic joke about how stupid platform wars are?

Dave_Tacitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

My dad bought me a train set once, then proceeded to build it and play with it right in front of me.

Terry Crews seems a lot cooler.

ToastMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spaceinsomniac said:
    @babychoochoo said:
    @toastman said:

I think taking it as a negative at all times is wrong, the PCMR thing is quite funny and I don't use it seriously, just in jest - which is fine in my opinion. It still makes me laugh thinking of the video it originates from but like everything someone takes it too seriously.

No no, I'm not being insulted by Mr. Crews. It's actually quite obvious that he's oblivious to the whole console/pc wars thing. I meant that he needs to be educated about it. Obviously using PCMR is not like using the N word, but the world would be a better place with as little of it as possible.

BallsLeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackout62: I can't believe Terry would do something like this. Starting a petition at whitehouse.gov for Terry Crews to fix your computer.

Hang in there duder I just need 99,999 more signatures.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ivdamke said:

Wait do people not know pc master race is an ironic joke about how stupid platform wars are?

True if he really wants to start some shit, he'd say "team green"

sravankb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ivdamke said:

I'm aware that it's meant as a joke. For better or for worse.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

BEAR GLOVE

ProfessorEss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Crews is already a member of the true master race, The Terry Crews Master Race.

And there's only one true member.

Terry Crews.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sravankb: That's a shame you let bad eggs make you look at the negative side of it.

jiggajoe14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

I'm not saying that I want this to lead to him wanting to make a VR game starring President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho, but I hope this leads to him wanting to make a VR game starring President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho. :)

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ivdamke: I mean sometimes it's staring you right there in the face, it's hard not to look at it any other way.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 15

Terry Crews is the dude.

ivdamke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@humanity: Yea but in this case it clearly isn't. Also, it's pretty easy to ignore stupid people on the internet when it comes to frivolous shit like platform wars.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Humanity

@ivdamke: yah that's why I said sometimes as opposed to all the time.

soulcake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

K70 is a Great keyboard one might say the best :D

sravankb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ivdamke: Not really. I've seen all types of people make that reference. And ironic or not, it was never funny.

Onemanarmyy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Onemanarmyy

Sup Jasper!

The guy could just buy an overpriced PC, but he actually went the extra step of researching what components he wants and putting it together himself. That's pretty cool.

Lost_Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Terry Crews is the motherfucking man, it's pretty cool that he went the extra mile and built a PC. I can only hope Terry Crews has a bright future in E-Sports as Scary Terry if this whole acting thing doesn't pan out.

Loading Video...

TPoppaPuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

this is all wonderful, his struggles, his joys, him sharing, all of it is WONDERFUL!!! Probably the BEST VR video I have ever seen in my life

ToastMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

This guy is having so much fun! It's endearing.

I really hope that his enthusiasm will last for at least a while. This guy is so much fun.

OurSin_360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@toastman: lol, he has no clue how deep the rabbit hole goes. Wait till the titan drops lmao.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.