Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

The Community PC Gaming Hub - "YOU GUYS ROCK" Edition.

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

Edited By AhmadMetallic

Join us on the Giant Bomb Hub chatroom at http://www.pzlate.com/chat/ 

Hello to newcomers and what's up to those familiar with and/or are already a part of this family of Giant Bomb PC duders who play all kinds of awesomely fun games together.

ANNOUNCEMENT: Starting from next week, I'm gonna begin posting a monthly "Gaming Hub News" blog that informs you of the latest Hub news, updates on our voice server/chatroom, and of course to tell you which games we'll be having gamenights for, and other things. It will be stickied to the PC board thanks to MattyFTM.

(Hint: Expect some explosive Giant Bomb community action in Max Payne 3 multiplayer and Diablo 3 on the PC).   

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////  /////////////////////////////////////////////////////  /////////////////////////////////////////////////////  /////////////////////////////////////////////////  ///////////////////////////////////////////////  //////////////////////////////////////////// 
    /////////////////////////////////////////////////////  ////////////////////////////////////////////  /////////////////////////////////////////////////////  /////////////////////////////////////////////////////  /////////////////////////////////////////////////////  ///////////////////////////////// ////////////

But before I begin those monthly news blogs, I wanted to reflect on what we've done so far, the experiences we've had, and most important, to THANK all the awesome people who've helped make these plans a reality. 

A brief description of this hub if this is your first visit to my PC Gaming project:

After organizing weekly gamenights (Bombing Runs) for the GB community in Battlefield: Bad Company 2 on the PC with the help of the marvelous, charming and foul-mouthed Sweep in early 2011, and slowly forming a strong and friendly community of Giant Bomb PC players that went on to rock BC2 every week for 10 full months (reached 250 Steam group members), and later migrating to Battlefield 3 where over 400 giantbombers signed up and many of us chipped in, rented our own 64-player server (that the GB staff played TNTs on twice) and 100-slot voice server and filled four complete Battlelog platoons, I decided that it was time for this WONDERFUL community to explore other planets than just that of BATTLEFIELD.

I decided it was time for every PC gamer of this community who is interested in playing co-op and multiplayer games with other giantbombers to be able to do that. To find places to hang out, text chat, voice chat, invite each other to random multiplayer games, and of course, get together for organized and pre-scheduled gamenights and bombing runs in the most popular and requested games such as Counter Strike: Source, ArmA 2 and Super Monday Night Combat among other games.

And so I worked hard to make this happen, I turned our 100-slot Mumble voice server into an all-PC server with multiple game channels, and we created a mIRC chatroom that we use everyday to chat about Giant Bomb content, random off-topic stuff, watch live-streams, and of course suggest/invite each other to multiplayer games.

The result was the thread called "[Community Project] PC Gaming Hub - Let's play games together!" created on January 1st, 2012. The Steam group has 330 members as of now and climbing. Our voice server, chatroom, and bombing runs are thriving and getting more and more attendance day after day.

The Steam group has 330 members as of now and climbing. Our voice server, chatroom, and bombing runs are thriving and getting more and more attendance day after day.

No Caption Provided

I am proud to say that what we're doing is unprecedented in Giant Bomb history.

Since the website's creation in mid 2008, there has not been any community gamenight that survived a given game's "launch population" and went on for more than one month on any platform. And most of those that did have some momentum to them, died off rather quickly and maintained only small numbers of dedicated players.

I'm proud to say that our Battlefield 3 efforts, 360 US Dollars worth of community donations to rent two full-capacity game servers and donating $180 every 3 months to keep one (since we dropped the other), so the point where the Giant Bomb staff actually used our server for two TNTs and had a total blast, as well as a 100-slot voice server that you can hop on at any time today and find OTHER GIANT BOMBERS playing games or voice chatting in big numbers..

It's unprecedented. To have steady gamenights that live on for long months and our own thriving servers and assets, by the community and for the community.

But I didn't do it alone. There were a lot of great people in this amazing community who helped me push this social gaming phenomenon to the point it has reached today.And I'd like to thank each and every one for working together and making this an absolute reality that exists today in its best form.

A big Thank You to:

• @Sweep - the man who decided to revive the briefly-lived Bad Company 2 bombing runs in January 2011, which was the starting point for everything I've done.

The people who were the foundation of the Bad Company 2 GB community that grew later on:

• @No0b0rAmA
    • @AlexW00d
    • @Liminality
    • @roughneck117
    • @cryptic_code
    • @Akrid
    • @Althox
    • @pwnasaurus
    • @Forcen
    • @evilrazer
    • @MrKlorox
    • @bwat47
    • @Mikemcn
    • @Sjupp
    • @rb_man
    • @benjaebe for providing a Ventrilo server that served as our very first voice joint for BC2 for a brief while.
    • @Darksaw for welcoming us onto his friends' small Mumble voice server for our BC2 nights.
    • @rb_man and @Wildfire570 for recording and uploading our very first GB bombing run videos (for BC2 and BF2).
    • @Rolyatkcinmai - For helping with renting, co-owning and maintaining our GB BF3 game servers and voice server, as well as being in contact with Ryan and Norm during both BF3 TNTs on our server.
    • @Mu5hy - For finding us a really great server rental deal from a great company.

Those who helped with various Battlefield 3 matters while the community and the servers were still fresh. As well as VIGGO123, YoThatLimp and many others for donating to keep the servers alive:

• @Liber
    • @Swoxx
    • @Matthew
    • @Akrid
    • @roughneck117
    • @Branthog
    • @thornie
    • @mosdl - Aside from all his help, this motherfucker donated over $120 for the BF3 server since game release.
    • Whiskey Media engineer @gpbmike and his two brothers for being our Battlefield 3 buddies over these months.
    • @Xyber , @AlexW00d, @Liber and @SwoXx for capturing and editing the most awesome videos of our community gamenights and uploading them to our YT channel GiantBombSquad.

>> Some of their most popular videos:

1. [AlexW00d] A video of our 31-man Giant Bomb Mexican Standoff in BF3 during one of our CrazyNights - 3,324 views.
    2. [SwoXx] Air Buccaneers Pre Alpha impromptu bombing run - 1,700 views.
    3. [Xyber] A montage of one of our best ArmA II Free2Play gamenights. Hilarious and entertaining! - 680 views.
    4. [rb_man] GiantBombing in Bad Company 2. Ah, good times. - 507 views.
    • @Liminality for creating most of the stunning and beautiful banners of my various gamenight threads over the years. Example!
    • @SlasherMan@Roughneck117, @Vodun and @No0b0rAmA for also creating banners for my various threads/groups.
    • @SwoXx for building our Giant Bomb Gaming Hub mIRC chatroom on the Quakenet server and maintaining it.
    • @NekuSakuraba for being the entertaining clown that he is on that IRC channel.
    • @WilltheMagicAsian for creating the GB Gaming Hub chatroom web page that connects you to our mIRC chatroom.
    • @Infinitum for being supportive and helpful to our assets (from a tech stand-point) and briefly renting a Counter Strike: Source server.
    • @Hero_Swe and @Azteck for performing Swedish black magic to host ArmA and Airbuccaneers HD games.
    • @MattyFTM and @PsEG for being supportive of my Gaming Hub plans and also regulars on our mIRC chatroom.

And this is a personal one:

The BF3 regulars who made running on the Battlefield in their company real fun:

• @JOURN3Y
    • @swamplord666
    • @FrankCanada97
    • @mfpantst
    • @Xyber
    • @Gruvac
    • @Patchcoat
    • @DillonWerner
    • @max3000
    • @Mikemcn
    • @Canteu
    • @Pie
    • @GS_Dan
    • @bwat47
    • @xdaknightx69
    • @Eribuster
    • @Extreme_Popcorn
    • @gjedwards

Among hundreds others.

Thank you all, this adventure has been amazing and I'm looking forward to what we'll do in the future.

Preview of the next Gaming Hub blog entry (June 10th):

No Caption Provided

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Come join us in the Giant Bomb chatroom here:    http://www.pzlate.com/chat/         

Or if you know how to use mIRC, we're #gb_gaming_hub at Quakenet

Duders are always around our voice server & up for a chat on Mumble at: IP = ny.eoreality.net / Port = 64747
    Duders are always around our voice server & up for a chat on Mumble at: IP = ny.eoreality.net / Port = 64747
    AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Hello to newcomers and what's up to those familiar with and/or are already a part of this family of Giant Bomb PC duders who play all kinds of awesomely fun games together.

ANNOUNCEMENT: Starting from next week, I'm gonna begin posting a monthly "Gaming Hub News" blog that informs you of the latest Hub news, updates on our voice server/chatroom, and of course to tell you which games we'll be having gamenights for, and other things. It will be stickied to the PC board thanks to MattyFTM.

(Hint: Expect some explosive Giant Bomb community action in Max Payne 3 multiplayer and Diablo 3 on the PC).   

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////  /////////////////////////////////////////////////////  /////////////////////////////////////////////////////  /////////////////////////////////////////////////  ///////////////////////////////////////////////  //////////////////////////////////////////// 
    /////////////////////////////////////////////////////  ////////////////////////////////////////////  /////////////////////////////////////////////////////  /////////////////////////////////////////////////////  /////////////////////////////////////////////////////  ///////////////////////////////// ////////////

But before I begin those monthly news blogs, I wanted to reflect on what we've done so far, the experiences we've had, and most important, to THANK all the awesome people who've helped make these plans a reality. 

A brief description of this hub if this is your first visit to my PC Gaming project:

No Caption Provided

I am proud to say that what we're doing is unprecedented in Giant Bomb history.

Since the website's creation in mid 2008, there has not been any community gamenight that survived a given game's "launch population" and went on for more than one month on any platform. And most of those that did have some momentum to them, died off rather quickly and maintained only small numbers of dedicated players.

I'm proud to say that our Battlefield 3 efforts, 360 US Dollars worth of community donations to rent two full-capacity game servers and donating $180 every 3 months to keep one (since we dropped the other), so the point where the Giant Bomb staff actually used our server for two TNTs and had a total blast, as well as a 100-slot voice server that you can hop on at any time today and find OTHER GIANT BOMBERS playing games or voice chatting in big numbers..

It's unprecedented. To have steady gamenights that live on for long months and our own thriving servers and assets, by the community and for the community.

But I didn't do it alone. There were a lot of great people in this amazing community who helped me push this social gaming phenomenon to the point it has reached today.And I'd like to thank each and every one for working together and making this an absolute reality that exists today in its best form.

A big Thank You to:

• @Sweep - the man who decided to revive the briefly-lived Bad Company 2 bombing runs in January 2011, which was the starting point for everything I've done.

The people who were the foundation of the Bad Company 2 GB community that grew later on:

• @benjaebe for providing a Ventrilo server that served as our very first voice joint for BC2 for a brief while.
    • @Darksaw for welcoming us onto his friends' small Mumble voice server for our BC2 nights.
    • @rb_man and @Wildfire570 for recording and uploading our very first GB bombing run videos (for BC2 and BF2).
    • @Rolyatkcinmai - For helping with renting, co-owning and maintaining our GB BF3 game servers and voice server, as well as being in contact with Ryan and Norm during both BF3 TNTs on our server.
    • @Mu5hy - For finding us a really great server rental deal from a great company.

Those who helped with various Battlefield 3 matters while the community and the servers were still fresh. As well as VIGGO123, YoThatLimp and many others for donating to keep the servers alive:

• @Liber
    • @Swoxx
    • @Matthew
    • @Akrid
    • @roughneck117
    • @Branthog
    • @thornie
    • @mosdl - Aside from all his help, this motherfucker donated over $120 for the BF3 server since game release.
    • Whiskey Media engineer @gpbmike and his two brothers for being our Battlefield 3 buddies over these months.
    • @Xyber , @AlexW00d, @Liber and @SwoXx for capturing and editing the most awesome videos of our community gamenights and uploading them to our YT channel GiantBombSquad.

>> Some of their most popular videos:

1. [AlexW00d] A video of our 31-man Giant Bomb Mexican Standoff in BF3 during one of our CrazyNights - 3,324 views.
    2. [SwoXx] Air Buccaneers Pre Alpha impromptu bombing run - 1,700 views.
    3. [Xyber] A montage of one of our best ArmA II Free2Play gamenights. Hilarious and entertaining! - 680 views.
    4. [rb_man] GiantBombing in Bad Company 2. Ah, good times. - 507 views.
    • @Liminality for creating most of the stunning and beautiful banners of my various gamenight threads over the years. Example!
    • @SlasherMan@Roughneck117, @Vodun and @No0b0rAmA for also creating banners for my various threads/groups.
    • @SwoXx for building our Giant Bomb Gaming Hub mIRC chatroom on the Quakenet server and maintaining it.
    • @NekuSakuraba for being the entertaining clown that he is on that IRC channel.
    • @WilltheMagicAsian for creating the GB Gaming Hub chatroom web page that connects you to our mIRC chatroom.
    • @Infinitum for being supportive and helpful to our assets (from a tech stand-point) and briefly renting a Counter Strike: Source server.
    • @Hero_Swe and @Azteck for performing Swedish black magic to host ArmA and Airbuccaneers HD games.
    • @MattyFTM and @PsEG for being supportive of my Gaming Hub plans and also regulars on our mIRC chatroom.

And this is a personal one:

Thank you all, this adventure has been amazing and I'm looking forward to what we'll do in the future.

Preview of the next Gaming Hub blog entry (June 10th):

No Caption Provided

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By WilltheMagicAsian

32 more hours.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Winternet

I'll make my part and join the Counter-Strike: Source gamenight. Depending on whether I get Diablo III, I'll join that too. And I'll try and join the chat more often. Good (and by good I mean terrible, awful) talk happening there.

Canteu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Canteu

Metallic, I demand you give me a shoutout for my ear sexings I gave you with my glorious intonations.

I look forward to playing with you people once i've gone through diablo rehab (read: inferno)

sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By sjupp

<3

That is all.

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By AlexW00d

VIDIERGAYMS

hero_swe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By hero_swe

Wooo! Though I'm pretty sure I've done more than host AirBuccaneers Metallic, nudge nudge :P

gjedwards

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By gjedwards

i've had a great time playing bf3 with everyone. thanks guys

MarkWahlberg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MarkWahlberg

It's cool that you guys are doing this, wish I had a PC so I could join in...

mikemcn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#10  Edited By mikemcn

This is the hotness, let there be many more Giant Bomb Gamenights! Also, i'm so glad I found that Irc channel, whenever I want, I can jump in and Yell something along the lines of "ARMA!!" and usually someone responds with something. It's the best.

bwat47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By bwat47

I look forward to playing max payne and diablo 3 with you guys :)

I also had a lot of fun playing arma II for the first time with liber, akrid, alexw00d, citizenkane and a few others the other day :)

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#12  Edited By matthew

.  . . . . . . .  71hourswithdiablo3

sjupp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By sjupp

Well fuck it, double postin' up in this.

mIRC has been amazing. It still is! While timezones and thin walls keep me from visiting mumble a lot I'm often around (these days playing D3).

Anyways, this happened a while ago:

No Caption Provided

Which soon after turned into this.

No Caption Provided

So here's to testicle man #1 and hoping he does not murder us all. As you can see, drawn by the lovely

In retrospect, Matty's butt kind of looks oddly similar to some other prominent feature of his.

No0b0rAmA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By No0b0rAmA

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Counter Strike.

dillonwerner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By dillonwerner

Looking forward to Diablo III, that game is controlling my life right now.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#16  Edited By TobbRobb

@Hero_Swe: But hosting Airbucaneers is a larger and more impressive feat than most on that list.

Yo, I should start joining these things... Good thing a lot of free time is opening up in the near future.

NekuSakuraba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By NekuSakuraba

Oh look, that's me in the IRC.

I'll join the CSS and Diablo 3 game nights, maybe the BF3 as well.

mosdl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By mosdl

@Matthew said:

. . . . . . . . 71hourswithdiablo3

Don't remind me. Spent 4 hours today with randoms trying to kill the Butcher (on Hell mode), still stuck there.

We usually have several people on mumble playing Diablo 3

Liminality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Liminality

Woohoo, thanks for creating and organizing such an awesome PC gaming community, and thanks to everyone who has contributed to the project. I haven't been very active lately, but it's great to know that the group continues to grow.

Xyber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Xyber

Thank you for doing everything you have done the last couple of months, it has been great dicking around with you guys (in a no homo way that is!).

fr0y0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#21  Edited By fr0y0

PC Gaming all day, er'ry day!

MattyFTM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22  Edited By MattyFTM  Moderator

@Sjupp said:

Well fuck it, double postin' up in this.

mIRC has been amazing. It still is! While timezones and thin walls keep me from visiting mumble a lot I'm often around (these days playing D3).

Anyways, this happened a while ago:

No Caption Provided

Which soon after turned into this.

No Caption Provided

So here's to testicle man #1 and hoping he does not murder us all. As you can see, drawn by the lovely

In retrospect, Matty's butt kind of looks oddly similar to some other prominent feature of his.

Fuck you Sjupp. FUUUUUCK YOOOOUUU!!!!!!!!

Also, the IRC is cool. People should drop in.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Azteck

I should really join in on more ArmA2 nights. That game is awesome.

Avatar image for matthewthebeast
    MatthewTheBeast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MatthewTheBeast

Congratulations on the success mate. Hm... I wonder if the community's indifference towards Napoleonic Wars will become less so enough (i.e. a Steam sale) in that a Giantbomb en-masse to one of the public linebattles would be possible. Lovely thought though.

FrankCanada97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By FrankCanada97

We need to get in on that Arma 2 DayZ stuff. I need people to share my blood bags with.

Azteck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Azteck

Speaking of DayZ, is the price of the expansion worth it for what you're getting?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Edit: 

[SwoXx] Air Buccaneers Pre Alpha impromptu bombing run - 1,700 views.

SwoXx made it not Hero_Swe! 

@Hero_Swe said:

Wooo! Though I'm pretty sure I've done more than host AirBuccaneers Metallic, nudge nudge :P

Not really, wink wink! 

@Liminality said:

Woohoo, thanks @AhmadMetallic for creating and organizing such an awesome PC gaming community, and thanks to everyone who has contributed to the project. I haven't been very active lately, but it's great to know that the group continues to grow.

I know, you and @No0b0rAmA: Have not played a single proper Battlefield 3 match with us since launch, and you were two of my favorite BC2 buddies, so I'm a really sad panda for capturing flags without you guys :(
    hero_swe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By hero_swe

@AhmadMetallic said:

Edit:

[SwoXx] Air Buccaneers Pre Alpha impromptu bombing run - 1,700 views.

SwoXx made it not Hero_Swe!

@Hero_Swe said:

Not really, wink wink!

@Liminality said:

Woohoo, thanks @AhmadMetallic for creating and organizing such an awesome PC gaming community, and thanks to everyone who has contributed to the project. I haven't been very active lately, but it's great to know that the group continues to grow.

I know, you and @No0b0rAmA: Have not played a single proper Battlefield 3 match with us since launch, and you were two of my favorite BC2 buddies, so I'm a really sad panda for capturing flags without you guys :(

I totally made it happen though, douchefaggle :P. See if I help you with anything

Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#29  Edited By Aronman789

I was on the mumble server for the Guild Wars 2 BWE, it was pretty cool to get to talk to a bunch of duders. I would go on more often, but I don't really own any big multiplayer games.

Avatar image for willthemagicasian
    WilltheMagicAsian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Giant Bomb PC Gaming Hub: "We have schizophrenics!"

No Caption Provided
    Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#31  Edited By Sin4profit

@AhmadMetallic said:

FUUUUUUCK, you guys played some Air Buccaneers and i missed it?!

I'd love to play some of that again...

wait, is this not the UT2004 mod? they're making a stand alone version?

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By AhmadMetallic
    @Sin4profit said:

@AhmadMetallic said:

FUUUUUUCK, you guys played some Air Buccaneers and i missed it?!

I'd love to play some of that again...

wait, is this not the UT2004 mod? they're making a stand alone version?

Yeah I think it's standalone. The guys say it's shit though (I couldn't get in when they played :( ) So I don't think they're playing it again anytime soon :P
    Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#33  Edited By Sin4profit

@AhmadMetallic: i know with the ut2004 modded version of Air Buccaneers there was a lot of complexities and design decisions that may not sit right for anyone expecting a common FPS so i'm curious as to what it being "shit" meant from those who played it. If they were turned off by the game design or the pre alpha just wasn't playable.

Either way if the PC gaming hub decides to do a retro mod night i'd highly recommend Carball for ut2004 (seems they've made Carball 3 for UT3 as well) It's basically football/soccer in cars that can jump and spin.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.