Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

The GTX 680, owners weigh in.

• 55 results
    Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Doctorchimp

@Grimhild: Oh okay. I'm going for the EVGA 670 FTW. Hopefully it's there tomorrow when I get paid!

I'm not looking for an SLI set-up anytime soon. 2 monitors to help me edit video at 1080p and max games out at 1080p is all I need.

I'll just swap it for a different graphics card when it's time to upgrade.

Devildoll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#52  Edited By Devildoll

@Cubical: I'm willing to say that in any game where you see a difference between the 2 and 4 GB models in performance, the overall framerate of one card is below playable. ( so it simply doesn't matter, money down the drain )

same is most likely true for future titles, any settings that can eat up more than 2 GB's will be too taxing for a GK104, while you might get a higher framerate than the 2 GB model, since it is hitting the wall, it will still not be a pleasant experience, since the gpu is too weak.

only place it'll actually be practical is in multi-card solutions. or in not-games.

i cant remember the last time i had a card that ran out of memory before horsepower.

the people in charge would never ship the GTX 680 with 2 GB of memory as the mainstream model if it would turn out to be an issue.

Grimhild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#53  Edited By Grimhild

UPDATE!

Card arrived and installed this afternoon! Wee!

Like buttah.

Thanks for all the info, duders!

sBlacksmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By sBlacksmith

Living in a tropical climate, GTX 670 heating is a deal breaker. I envy you people living in icy places ;/

Doctorchimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#55  Edited By Doctorchimp

@sBlacksmith said:

Living in a tropical climate, GTX 670 heating is a deal breaker. I envy you people living in icy places ;/

Eh, Southern California...I'm still scared of heat though...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.