Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

The New PC User: Wearing Scarves in Coffee Shops!

Famov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Famov

The vicious attack ads from Apple have, as we're all aware, finally convinced Microsoft to run their own aggressive add campaign. And while Microsoft would hardly copy Apple's act, they are trying to bring down the PC stereotype in the most fantastically amusing ways. This comes to its inevitable conclusion with this commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcNlX7n0zEA   

Here is Angela, a scarf wearing young woman who probably sweetens her $5 dollar cup of coffee with soy milk. So if I'm getting this right, Macintosh tries to sell its platform by convincing consumers that the competition is the PC stereotype, while Windows tries to sell its platform by convincing consumers that its own buyers are of the Mac stereotype. The moral of the story? People who wear fashionable scarves are cool. I'm not sure I'm willing to accept that yet.
    Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Al3xand3r

So they admit past Windows versions had freezing and crashing issues? I don't see the relation to the mac ads or to stereotypes.

Edit: Nm, she said I'm a PC in the end. Not sure they're playing with stereotypes though.

Fuzz_Butt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Fuzz_Butt

She's cute

Sabata

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Sabata

Fucking hipsters.

Brunchies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Brunchies

I'm also not willing to accept that scarfs are cool either. 

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.