The Pc appreciation thread......

#1 Posted by ripsaw117 (174 posts) -

Since the beginning of gaming the Pc has been factually the best platform, the best hardware( soo better performance and graphics and gameplay), the most high scoring exclusive out of all platforms, the birthplace of almost every genre of video games, complete freedom of everything, Post exactly why you LOVE pc gaming......( and post a shit-ton screenshots and other stuff)

#2 Posted by ajamafalous (11997 posts) -

Because games look better and have a more precise control scheme.

#3 Posted by falling_fast (2224 posts) -

we pc gamers are an insecure bunch, huh

#4 Posted by SlasherMan (1725 posts) -

I like the freedom it offers, the myriad of options, the open ended nature of the platform, the modularity of it, the non-static hardware, etc.

#5 Posted by RsistncE (4496 posts) -

There's something about this thread that just doesn't seem right. Not morally. Just in a ,"Why does this need to exist?," sort of way.

#6 Posted by Three0neFive (2293 posts) -

trolls trolling trolls, pissing in an ocean of piss, etc.

#7 Posted by SlasherMan (1725 posts) -

@RsistncE said:

There's something about this thread that just doesn't seem right. Not morally. Just in a ,"Why does this need to exist?," sort of way.

To be fair, this applies to at least a good half of the threads on the GB forums.

#8 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

I prefer gaming on my PC, but I increasingly hate other PC gamers whenever they cry about a game not being available on Steam, and proclaim this is causing them to skip the game.

#9 Posted by Adamsons (877 posts) -

LOL

#10 Posted by imsh_pl (3295 posts) -

Yeh, Pc is teh best. My favrt PC game is Halo. It's a old gmae so you propably don't know it lol (u hvae 2 B a hardcore gamer to know it.) pC is also great cause of teh mouz which is like 1000000000000 timez gooder then a gmaepad which is a banana casualz and n00bs use 2 play on they're SeXBOXes and P$3s. Crysis is also teh best looking game evar (its a old PC gmae) and better then SexCharted which lookz like shiet lol.

#11 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

@CL60 said:

I prefer gaming on my PC, but I increasingly hate other PC gamers whenever they cry about a game not being available on Steam, and proclaim this is causing them to skip the game.

You wouldn't be referencing a certain thread about a certain EA published sci-fi game and how that certain EA published sci-fi game is only going to be on Origin, would you? ; )

#12 Posted by ABK_92 (176 posts) -

@imsh_pl said:

Yeh, Pc is teh best. My favrt PC game is Halo. It's a old gmae so you propably don't know it lol (u hvae 2 B a hardcore gamer to know it.) pC is also great cause of teh mouz which is like 1000000000000 timez gooder then a gmaepad which is a banana casualz and n00bs use 2 play on they're SeXBOXes and P$3s. Crysis is also teh best looking game evar (its a old PC gmae) and better then SexCharted which lookz like shiet lol.

That was amazingly unfunny. Congrats.

#13 Edited by Zelyre (1200 posts) -

I'd argue that when the NES came out, graphically, nothing was like it.

Same with the SNES. When that first came out, I can't imagine any PC games that looked like Super Mario World.

Of course, back then, the EB Games and Babbages were half PC games, half console games, and the console titles and the PC titles would rarely overlap.

But, I was really too busy playing TIE Fighter, VGA Planets, and various BBS door games like USURPER and Legend of the Red Dragon. Which, now that I think about it, played exactly like Facebook games...

#14 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

@Cloudenvy said:

@CL60 said:

You wouldn't be referencing a certain thread about a certain EA published sci-fi game and how that certain EA published sci-fi game is only going to be on Origin, would you? ; )

maaayyybeee.

#15 Posted by ripsaw117 (174 posts) -

@ABK_92 said:

@imsh_pl said:

That was amazingly unfunny. Congrats.

LOL

#16 Posted by astrodoggy (145 posts) -

I like the pc cause it allows me to troll MUCH faster than my Wii

#17 Posted by BUCK3TM4N (549 posts) -

PC FTW, as long as games come to the platform i will play them and keep it alive

#18 Posted by Subjugation (4720 posts) -

Mods.

#19 Posted by BeachThunder (11943 posts) -

@Zelyre said:

I can't imagine any PC games that looked like Super Mario World.
Just putting this out there, but both of these games were released in 1990; one was for the Famicom and one was for the PC:

Super Mario World

Cadaver

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.