Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Thinking Of Building A Rig For £600-£650 Max...

gunslinger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By gunslinger

So yeah, I was thinking of building my own personal computer, that I can monitor, and look after like my own baby =]

I've seen some of the hardcore machines that are out there, that makes the games look more like real life than real life itself, and while I want something like that, I know that it's not something possible with my price range.

I've taken a look on Ars Technica, who make a quarterly advice guide on which components to get for an optimal rig, without the optimal pricing: http://arstechnica.com/guides/buyer/guide-200805.ars/3

But, since we're all part of the computer gaming scene ourselves, I thought I would ask all you friendly Bombers for your opinions and insights.

Decimator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Decimator

Alright, I checked out the link in your post. And I must say that that is a really good PC for that price. I'd say, save a little more money and buy that configuration. Mine would have been close to that one either.

jkmetal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By jkmetal

Do you have a monitor/speaker that you can reuse. What about a hardrive or dvd drive? (save some money)
    Looked at the site and cpu,mobo, ram all looking good.

For the price of that gpu you could almost have a 4870, which is faster.

vitriolboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By vitriolboy

Will your rig have 18 wheels and a ham radio?

albaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By albaker

The rig in the link is pretty good, but I'd replace the video card with something a little more extreme like a 9800GX2 which is $28but I dont think it's at that price in the UK right? Anyway, you can always replace the video card with a 4850 which is better and still cheap. That's just me though.......

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.