Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

This looks like a good deal for a mid-level gaming pc...

Avatar image for gristlemcthornbody
    GristleMcThornbody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By SlasherMan

These will not do as integrated graphics processors are very weak and are not suited for gaming. You could buy one of those, though, and install a $70-$100 or so graphics card.

Anyway, out of those two, I'd go with the Acer for the stronger CPU and larger drive. Not to mention the fact that the AM3 is not a dead-end socket like the LGA 775 is now.

GristleMcThornbody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SlasherMan:  Other than the graphics card, the acer looks pretty decent though, right?
    HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By HitmanAgent47

The acer one is better than the second one. I'm sure you can probally buy that, rip out the power watt supply and buy a new videocard, which would cost alot more money. You could try to build one yourself thought, however if you can't, just upgrade it after you buy it.

SlasherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SlasherMan
    @GristleMcThornbody said:
    " @SlasherMan:  Other than the graphics card, the acer looks pretty decent though, right? "
    Yup. Just needs a decent GPU and it'll be a pretty capable gaming machine.
    GristleMcThornbody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the advice guys! I realize I could prob build a better one for about the same money, but I dont have the time these days.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.