Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Thoughts on Windows 10?

Gonmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Wondering what other people are thinking about when it comes to windows 10 as a gaming platform.

I can see lots of highlights that could be very awesome if it holds up like they say it will. Everything from cross buy to streaming from system to PC, or hopefully the other way around as well. We could, in theory, see lots of the best App store and Play Store games make there say to windows 10. Not a super big deal, but having access to them on the console/PC would add a huge number of games one could play.

Having the Xbox Live systems built into PC games will be awesome. And if the producer allows it, buying on the One will give you the PC version or vice a versa. I'd use that with out a doubt. I can only hope that they follow through with everything they are talking about. Because so far, it would be the gaming platform I have always wanted, one game, on all of my things!

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

Isn't it not out yet?

Gonmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope not yet. Early preview on PC will be out in a few months, Xbox one will have it by summers end, and phones will have it by years end.

Why was this topic moved to the pc board?

Avatar image for nashvilleskyline
    Nashvilleskyline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I Place a lot of faith in windows 10. My only concern is that it might take a while before they hit their vision entirely. By releasing it on different plateforms at different time lime they announced they will, they sort of go against theur own idea of one plateforme One ecosystem. Also, if they don't announce Halo 5 and their own gamez for windows 10, they completely fail to their own vision. And lets be honest, halo won't co.e to pc this year.

Gonmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Probably not. But it will get there. I think Jeff, or someone, said that a build of 5 they seen had a mouse working with it.... better cross play id think lol.

kagato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 7

#6  Edited By kagato

Im looking forward to it, seems way more like Win XP/7 than Vista/8 and really, its their one chance to unify all of their platforms and win back the majority of users in one swoop. If they mess this up with bad decisions it will be almost impossible to recover.

DeiNile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Windows 10 will probably be perfectly fine. Microsoft is really pushing it with Windows 10 as anyone can upgrade to it for free. If nothing else that indicates that 10 will have a lot of staying power, at least that's the hope.

pcorb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kagato: That might be cool if you're into (Microsoft) consoles, but it doesn't seem to add anything much to the PC in and of itself.

My experience of windows 10 has been Windows 8.1 with the traditional start button already added back in, so you don't have to download a third party application to do so. Which is pretty much exactly what I want Windows to be at this point.

flameboy84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Windows 8.1 fucked up a lot random things with my laptop so fingers cross that Windows 10 resolves all this. Or Toshiba get their shit together with it and get video drivers that don't result in blue screens randomly. Could just be weird fringe issues that affect me but it was fine before jump to 8.1.

gamefreak9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I really like where MS is going with windows. I get the impression they have a vision.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RonGalaxy

Ive been using the technical preview for a couple of months. Besides the last major update causing some shit (not sure if it's a wide spread thing or not) it's been good. Don't expect it to reinvent the wheel, but it's definitely a few steps up from windows 7 (which is what I was using). Never used windows 8, so I have no comparison to make there. It'll be fine, and since it's going to be free there's really no risk involved.

@otakugamer did the laptop meet the minimum requirements for windows 10?

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I only have one thought about it. Where's Windows 9?

Gonmog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think the service aspect of 10 is the biggest highlight. If the vision they keep talking about pulls through, they could get a lot more people on the phones, more One sales, more indie developers, just over all a smoother game eco system. And that means more competition , that is a very good thing. As Sony being so far a head with system sales could hurt (us) in the long run.

Hell maybe even some small competition with Steam, tell me, would you get a game on steam, or get it through Microsoft's store if you also got it on your Xbox one, and phone\tablet?

Biggest fear I have is that so much is resting on getting the game developers to hit that check box to make it work on 10s cross system, or bringing the App Store and Play Store apps over. Sure Microsoft has made that as easy as copy pasting code now, but there is this engrained hate for MS that people may just shrug everything they do off and ignore it. That may be MS biggest challenge. Changing perceptions.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.