Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

upgrade or build

BUZZCOLA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BUZZCOLA

so i have a t5212 e machine (old but has served me well lol )  

if i decide to build could i use some of the components from the old pc?

just  using  the pc to surf and run some pc games

what do you guys think ?

fwylo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By fwylo

I saw your avatar and thought you were that dick jeffeskai...  I was about to troll you. 

BUT apparently that is not the case. I looked it up and you could definitely use the HD, but it might fill up 200GB quite fast if you plan on downloading things.  Easy to just throw another one in there if need be.  The RAM is 1 GB DDR2, most games require at least 2GB to run half decently and DDR3 is the standard now.  I didn't find much information on the motherboard and the processor seems pretty oldschool.  It might run alright but I can't guarantee anything.  Graphics card is pretty oldschool as well.  From the reviews I read they said it can barely run Windows Vista's Aero so it would definitely have trouble with most games now. So that doesn't say much at all for the graphics card.

So HD yes.  Motherboard probably not if it's accepting DDR2 RAM then it's olllld.  Graphics card probably not. Processor probably not.  RAM probably not.

ColMirage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By ColMirage

Build.

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#4  Edited By JJWeatherman
    @fwylo said:
    " I saw your avatar and thought you were that dick jeffeskai...  I was about to troll you. "  
    Probably not the best course of action. :P 

On topic: Building PCs is fun. So do that.
    theduke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By theduke

keep the HDD and DVD drive than build something new

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.