Upgrading GPU

#1 Posted by TheRookie727 (80 posts) -

Alright duders I need a gpu recommendation for my pc here are the specs:

CPU - AMD A10-5800K Quad Core APU @ 4.0GHz

Motherboard - ASRock FM2A85X Extreme6

Power Supply - Antec 550W 80 Plus Certified Modular PSU

The games that I'm playing are mostly racing games and I would like to play them at a decent framerate thanks for the help!

#2 Posted by mwng (956 posts) -

What resolution are you playing at? And how much are you looking to spend?

#4 Edited by TheRookie727 (80 posts) -

Resolution is at 1600/900 spending about 150 dollars or a bit more if needed

#5 Edited by Korwin (3039 posts) -
#6 Posted by rm082e (208 posts) -
#7 Posted by mosdl (3259 posts) -

If you are interested in the new Batman Arkham game nvidia cards come with a steam code for it at quite a few retailers (link).

#8 Edited by ShadowSkill11 (1783 posts) -

@rm082e: his processor is terrible. He won't be able to get the most out of the card.

#9 Edited by Snail (8662 posts) -
@shadowskill11 said:

@rm082e: his processor is terrible. He won't be able to get the most out of the card.

With a deal like this making up for the extra money, I'd say go with an Nvidia card. PhysX makes a difference, not to mention their partnership with Valve and their involvement with the whole SteamOS/Linux project.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.