Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

waitin on Aion but droolin over champions too?

oDawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By oDawg

After having escaped World of Warcraft (but not without raiding 5 nights a week for perhaps 6 months straight), I took a couple years off MMO's. I tried Age of Conan and Warhammer Online but I was still recovering from wow and managed to quit those pretty fast. 

The time though is right to start something new! In july i picked up Aion thinking the beta period would be longer than it was... I liked my first few days in there though.

Now I see Champions Online looks pretty sweet too. And you can start playing sooner.  

Try both? Stick with Aion? uggh.

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By TheMustacheHero

Aion is Korean. That means...GRIND! WOOO.

But also Aion has more progression, with champions you never get epic looking gear or any of that. And you can never change what type of character you want.

pause422

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3  Edited By pause422

Champions looks like something that could be a lot of fun......for like a month or so, then since you're not really doing anything new since the beginning for the most part it would be over. Aion to me has looked bad since the beginning and I never understand when I hear people talking about how its great and whatnot, so I have no interest.

Avatar image for themustachehero
    TheMustacheHero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheMustacheHero
    @pause422 said:
    " Champions looks like something that could be a lot of fun......for like a month or so, then since you're not really doing anything new since the beginning for the most part it would be over. Aion to me has looked bad since the beginning and I never understand when I hear people talking about how its great and whatnot, so I have no interest. "
    It has good graphics, that's why people want to play it. I have no interest in it either.
    jkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By jkz

I might play champions on and off, but the only MMO I've ever really gotten into is Guild Wars, and as such I eagerly await Guild Wars 2

Absurd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Absurd
    @jukezypoo said:
    " I might play champions on and off, but the only MMO I've ever really gotten into is Guild Wars, and as such I eagerly await Guild Wars 2 "
    Same, I just love that there are no monthly fees and that the game is so good :)

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.