So I've decided to take the plunge and build a gaming PC. I've been primarily a console gamer so I really have no idea how to start on this. If anyone could provide some advice that would be most helpful. Here is my current situation:
1) I'm in Canada, so I'd prefer to just use Canadian retailers to avoid the hassle of customs.
2) I'd like to set a hard max on my budget at $700 with taxes and shipping in. Preferably $600-650. I'd go higher, but at that point I don't think the graphical jump from consoles is worth it.
3) I want to use this with my current HDTV, so no monitor needed, but HDMI output is.
4) I do not have a copy of Windows, so that will need to be included in the budget.
5) Not sure how much this is relevant, but hearing the Bombcast rave about Sim City kind of sparked my interest in this. I'm a fan of strategy games from the 90s (C&C, Sim City, Civ, Shogun, etc.) so that's the genre I'll likely be playing a lot of.
6) No spare hard drive, so that needs to be included.
7) I have two 360 controllers that I'd like to use for more action-y titles. Do I need an adapter for them or can I run them with the PC out of the box?
So that's what I'm working with. Any recommendations as to what I should get? Is this even a good time to buy?