Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

watercooling question

sodiumCyclops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By sodiumCyclops

I'm running out of room in my rig and really want to keep my watercooling setup. Do i really need to keep the radiator fan? If I can do without it, I'll save a bunch of room.

I'm pretty sure it's a ThermalTake BIgwater 730, the radiator is pretty big and the reservoir holds a huge amount of coolant, do you think the extra fan can be ditched?

StressedOutCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By StressedOutCat

Its recommended that you keep the fan.
    The air inside your case will end up heating it instead of it cooling it down.

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By Kazona

I doubt it'd be a smart thing to do, but I think this kind of question is better asked on a site specific to water cooling. There's plenty of them around.

oDawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By oDawg
    @sodiumCyclops: any other fans nearby pumping or pulling air over it? like the case exit fan? If so, why not try removing it, and see how your temps do.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.