What's a good upgrade from a GTX 570?

#1 Edited by Bocam (3784 posts) -

Graphic card naming confuses me and I need help.

#2 Edited by BeachThunder (12086 posts) -

I have a 570, and I don't really think there's any real need to upgrade.

However, technically, the 670 is supposed to be the next generation above the 570; although, I'd wait for the equivalent of the 770 to be relased.

#3 Posted by EXTomar (4840 posts) -

The nice thing about NVidia cards is the series are easy to differentiate. If you own a 570 then "next gen" version of that is that is the 670. Shop around all of the 600 series to see if there is something in your budget range.

#4 Posted by Grilledcheez (3952 posts) -

I would advise you to wait till the newer cards come out, that's what I'm doing!

#5 Posted by jacksmedulla (280 posts) -

However, technically, the 670 is supposed to be the next generation above the 570; although, I'd wait for the equivalent of the 770 to be relased.

I would advise you to wait till the newer cards come out, that's what I'm doing!

#6 Posted by djou (877 posts) -

This is what I suggest also. I have a 570 and works great although I don't do any video capture or video/graphics editing, just gaming.

If you want to splurge, I would save the cash and wait for prices to the Titan GPUs to come down. Unless you find some kind of sweet deal.

#7 Posted by believer258 (11984 posts) -

Throw my vote into the "wait a little while" hat.

See, new consoles will probably mean a jump in requirements, one that's been coming for a while, and I doubt that anything except maybe Crysis 3 will tax that 570 to the point of knocking it down to low settings anytime this year. So I would just say wait until console specs are out and new graphics cards out so we can know what's going to be the next 560 ti.

Unless you feel like your 570 is breaking or not working right or something.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.