Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

What up with my screen/games?

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Yukoei

Usually games work fine on my 22'' LCD screen but after playing Indigo Prophecy my screen has been fucked.

When not in game the screen is at 1680 x 1050 but when I try to play games they have 2 black lines around them that were not there before. Some of them I can fix some I cannot. Plants vs Zombies for example is terrible and everything is blury.

Help me.

frankxiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By frankxiv

does it persist outside the games?

it sounds like they're just running at a resolution lower than your desktop/not in widescreen

sadly for older games like indigo prophecy they might not support all resolutions, and games like plants vs zombies might not even have options at all, so you'd have to not run it full screen so it won't be blurry.

Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Yukoei
    @onimonkii said:
    " does it persist outside the games?  it sounds like they're just running at a resolution lower than your desktop/not in widescreen  sadly for older games like indigo prophecy they might not support all resolutions, and games like plants vs zombies might not even have options at all, so you'd have to not run it full screen so it won't be blurry. "
    No it does not persist outside games.

Plants vs Zombies never used to be like this before until after Indigo Prochecy.
    Yukoei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Yukoei

Sorry to bump.

Jams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By Jams

Interesting. Maybe your scaling get set to off. Usually it defaults as letting your monitor take care of image scaling, but you can turn it off if you don't want you games looking stretchy.  You can change it for Nvidia by going 

right click=>Nvidia control panel=>under display option select Adjust desktop size and position. 

Then from there you can choose from a couple of options like use NVIDIA scaling or do not scale (which it might be now).

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.