Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Where is my giant mechs?

Trilvester

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Trilvester

So where has the mechwarrior games went.  I used to love playing with these huge mechs and to wreck havok on cities and battle other mechs.  I know there is steel battalion but I'm not into spending all that money to get the controller and it seems to hardcore and overly complex.   I heard about the mech warrior mod for crysis and I hope that will be good even know it won't be out for probably quite some time(if at all :( ) ,but I have high hopes!  So any mech fans out there?

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Pibo47

Im kinda a mech fan....but i really only liked the Zeus and the atlus, those are the reason i played those games.....kick ass mechs>some...lol.

Big_Fact_Hunt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Big_Fact_Hunt

I was a fan of the old mechwarrior games by microprose, fully customise your mech. At least it 'felt' like you were in a hundred tonne mech. A friend of mine introduced me to that series way back, he had a good controller for it, Saitek Cyborg 3D joystick or something which you could twist and that moved the torso left / right. Never been a fan of the series since Vengence. Just didn't feel right to me.

twenty0ne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By twenty0ne

The less Mechs, the better, IMO.

KindGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By KindGalaxy

FASA Corp. who made the board game went broke.
    FASA Studios who made MechAssault then made Shadowrun was shut down (they were a property of the Microsoft Game Studios after FASA Corp. closed).
    The rights to the MechWarrior and BattleTech franchise was sold to WizKids who made a click board game, they sold the Classic BattleTech rights to FanPro.
    Jordan Weisman who made BattleTech has bought the rights to the computer and video game development rights to the MechWarrior name late last year, it's unknown what he's doing with it; if anything.

IMD1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By IMD1

It's sad that one of the best mech game franchises is over. There are so few which makes the problem even worse. Armored core and Virtual On will never bring the glee I had from running an atlus down with my MadCat :'(

StressedOutCat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By StressedOutCat

I love mechwarriors games... but i was more into the light and medium mechs... didn't like the big ones like the atlas.. anything under 65 tons : )
    but yea... think Jordan Weisman probably wants to give another go at a mechwarrior mmo... battletech 3025 kinda never got released [ I tryed the beta... be glad it didnt ]. hope its end up better than that

Johnny5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Johnny5

I'd eat a baby for a new mechwarrior...

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.