Which is your favorite out of the differnet video game genres?
Mmm.... very hard to decide.
I play a lot of games based on how I'm feeling. To pick one favorite..... Okay, if I had to pick one genre to play for the rest of my life, stuck on an island, etc etc, I would pick....
....Role-Playing. It can take on so many different forms and moods and styles, it would just be the optimal choice. It's the carpet-bomb of game genres.
- Rockstar's brand of open world games.
- DICE's brand of openish sandboxish combined arms online multiplayer first person shooters.
- Bioware's brand of chose-your-own adventure RPGs.
- Criterion's brand of fast and furious car racing.
- Blizzard's brand of minutia and care and flair, regardless of what they're doing.
- Might and magic realtime combat as seen in games like Dark Souls and Dragon's Dogma.
- XCOM's brand of management.
I voted simulation, because I enjoy good dynamic simulations in any genre. It's a cop-out, I know. An amalgamation of all of the above would be quite neat. I guess GTA V is going to be as close as it gets in that regard. So somewhat prematurely - GTA V is the perfect example of my favorite genre. Respectively The Witcher 3, if we're talking might & magic-style core gameplay and fantasy setting.
I love role-playing games, but I can't get through many of them historically because their stories quickly blend together and become the same game with different sprites. That being said, when I find one that breaks the mold or at least cloaks itself enough for me to not realize it's the same ol' thing... well, I devour it.
I loved Ni No Kuni for this because it blended a lot of things.
However, action-adventure is my favorite because they are fun to play, have a story, and honestly are just well made lately.
This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.