Counter Strike: Source
Dawn of War 2
Garrys Mod
Plants vs Zombies
Audio Surf
The Secret of Monkey Island

and other none steam games.

#2 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -

I just bought Killing Floor and I really enjoy it.  I don't know if you got a chance to play it during the free trial period, but I recommend it.

#3 Posted by Andorski (5342 posts) -

Borderlands!  Atleast that is what I'm gonna buy once I pay off DJ Hero.

#4 Posted by Swinghi (142 posts) -

Orange Box, it is your best value.  And TF2 is just so much fun.

#5 Posted by Griddler (3344 posts) -
@Br3adfan said:
" I just bought Killing Floor and I really enjoy it.  I don't know if you got a chance to play it during the free trial period, but I recommend it. "
Really? I played it for 5 minutes and got bored. 
Left 4 Dead is much better. You should pre-purchase L4D2
#6 Posted by Hamst3r (4516 posts) -
@Yukoei: 

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, Zeno Clash, World of Goo, Machinarium, Bioshock, Mass Effect. Dunno what you don't have. Make a Giant Bomb list of your games! :P
#7 Posted by Breadfan (6590 posts) -
@girdz said:
" @Br3adfan said:
" I just bought Killing Floor and I really enjoy it.  I don't know if you got a chance to play it during the free trial period, but I recommend it. "
Really? I played it for 5 minutes and got bored.  Left 4 Dead is much better. You should pre-purchase L4D2 "
I really don't see why people compare it to Left 4 Dead.  The only thing similar about the two is basically killing zombies with a group of friends.  They are two completely different games.
#8 Posted by Griddler (3344 posts) -
@Br3adfan: Hard to tell if you're being sarcastic or not.
#9 Edited by Crono (2685 posts) -

The Orange Box will give you the most bang for your buck.  Ohh you already have that.  Doh!  My bad I read that wrong.  Then uhhh... uhhh... Torchlight.

#10 Posted by Geno (6477 posts) -

Out of those, I've played and enjoyed Dawn of War 2 the most. If you don't have any of the games in Orange Box, that's worth it too. 

#11 Posted by Mardoosh (30 posts) -
@Hamst3r said:
" @Yukoei:   S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl  
Yah dude,  and its 5 bucks till Nov. 2!!!!!!!!!
#12 Posted by VWGTI (1919 posts) -
@Mardoosh: 

Yep, can't go wrong with that! 

Also, check out Titan Quest for a Diablo-style game if that's your thing. Or maybe Dark Messiah Might and Magic.
#13 Posted by Babble (1270 posts) -

Borderlands or L4D2

#14 Edited by MrKlorox (11209 posts) -
@Mardoosh said:

" @Hamst3r said:

" @Yukoei:   S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl  

Yah dude,  and its 5 bucks till Nov. 2!!!!!!!!! "
#15 Posted by cinemandrew (711 posts) -
Borderlands, Torchlight, or Dragon Age: Origins. I pre-ordered all 3 of them on Steam. I can't wait to get home and play some Borderlands.
#16 Posted by Fuzz_Butt (122 posts) -

STALKER for $5.

#17 Posted by Yukoei (1878 posts) -
@Hamst3r said:
" @Yukoei:   S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, Zeno Clash, World of Goo, Machinarium, Bioshock, Mass Effect. Dunno what you don't have. Make a Giant Bomb list of your games! :P "
Thanks man was a great choice!
#18 Posted by Alex_V (615 posts) -
@Br3adfan said:
I really don't see why people compare it to Left 4 Dead.  The only thing similar about the two is basically killing zombies with a group of friends.
So the only similarity is that you do the same friggin thing in both games :).
#19 Posted by raddevon (437 posts) -

This has already been suggested, but I highly recommend Borderlands. You might also check out Torchlight for something a little cheaper.

#20 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

here some cheap games that i think are fun, peggle and world of goo. world of goo is a puzzle type of game. u have to link the goo up and get the rest of the goo in a pipe.

#21 Posted by Shadow71 (194 posts) -

Orange Box, as HL2 is maybe one of the greatest games ever

#22 Posted by xiannydeex (12 posts) -

orange box....specifically TF2

#23 Posted by eroticfishcake (7786 posts) -

I think I have to point out that he already has the Orange Box in case anyone mentions it again without reading the comment.

#24 Posted by mthe1337one (198 posts) -
@Swinghi said:
" Orange Box, it is your best value.  And TF2 is just so much fun. "
Orange Box was on his list for games he already OWNS.

Borderlands is pretty good.  if you're looking for something "casual", Braid is quite fun albeit hard >_<
Trine is quite fun as well and both are nice platformers.  i guess if you have 60-80 hours of free time, you can get Dragon Age Origins over steam =O
#25 Posted by dankempster (2253 posts) -

On the basis I haven't seen anybody else recommend them, Morrowind and Oblivion are both incredibly deep RPGs. Both are available in Game of the Year form on Steam at ridiculously low prices considering the amount of content you're getting. If you haven't already played either (or indeed both), then I implore you to check them out.

#26 Edited by toast_burner (453 posts) -

Torchlight its a fun action RPG made by the creators of Diablo 
#27 Posted by CornontheCobbe (2645 posts) -

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl for sure! It's cheap, Amazing and who doesn't like frolicking through radiation and glocking down deformed animals?

Also World of Goo is quirky but great fun. And the soundtrack rocks! 

And lastly I'd say Bioshock, if you can still get it on Steam, but i don't know if you can?

#28 Edited by PDC_Emulator (184 posts) -
@Br3adfan:
 I thought killing floor was a good buy.   I've been playing since it was released, and Its been a blast...

Pros
$20
Lots of cool weapons 
A nice variety of different enemies
Perk system
Good maps
Slo-Mo kills
Achievements and the like...
Free content updates (so far) 

Cons
There isn't really a story, you're just killing zombies.
Leveling your perks can get tedious at times.
Some of the enemies are BRUTAL

I'm sure I missed some stuff, but thats pretty much the gist of the game.

P.S. Borderlands is also an excellent game :P
#29 Posted by kinky_wiz (110 posts) -

Orange Box 3 games in one

#30 Posted by kinky_wiz (110 posts) -
@toast_burner: But it is only one player
#31 Posted by RHCPfan24 (8609 posts) -

Go pick up Dragon Age or Torchlight.

#32 Edited by AjayRaz (12440 posts) -

STALKER, L4D, Killing Floor and Trackmania United Forever are what i think you should get ^^ 

#33 Edited by labam89 (312 posts) -
@AjayRaz said:

" STALKER, L4D, Killing Floor and Trackmania Sunrise are what i think you should get ^^  "

Sunrise isn't on steam as far as I know. It has Nations and United Forever.
#34 Posted by AjayRaz (12440 posts) -
@labam89: my bad, i thought it would be. United forever is just as good of a choice
#35 Posted by TheMustacheHero (6655 posts) -

Torchlight and Killing Floor.

#36 Posted by toast_burner (453 posts) -
@kinky_wiz said:
" @toast_burner: But it is only one player "

So?

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.