Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Will any games work with this joystick today?

BombKareshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By BombKareshi

My girlfriend apparently uncovered this ancient device called a Sidewinder Force Feedback Pro joystick, and she was asking me what games, if any, can still be played with it.

I have no idea, and Google hasn't been particularly helpful either (how does one even ask Google something like this). So again I turn to the experienced community of the Giant Bomb. Does anyone still have one of these? Do we need special drivers for it to work with modern games or operating systems? Or should we just toss it out and be done with it?

Thanks.

wolf_blitzer85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By wolf_blitzer85

Boot up some Tie Fighter with that thing.

jetsetwillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By jetsetwillie

well you would type into google 'which games support a microsoft sidewinder forcefeedback'

i had on of these also a few years back, cost a lot of money, was over £100 in the UK. i used to play it a lot with combat flight sim. thats all it was ever any good for it really... 'flight sims'.

i would think its pretty useless now as it isnt even supported by win7

ThreePi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By ThreePi

Wikipedia says that thing doesn't have USB support, so I think you'd have a hell of a time trying to get it working with a modern PC.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.