Windows Live for new games

#1 Posted by koobz2142 (22 posts) -

Is there a way to know if a PC that hasn't come out yet have windows live capabilities?

#2 Posted by koobz2142 (22 posts) -

:(

#3 Posted by buft (3320 posts) -

if its a windows machine it will undoubtedly be able to use the windows live brand of apps

#4 Posted by Bigandtasty (3203 posts) -

if you mean new PC game, not unless the developer or publisher confirms it. Not many developers still use it though; Capcom is the only major one I can remember offhand.

#5 Edited by FritzDude (2269 posts) -

I am not sure what you mean. In the title you are asking for Windows Live in New games, & in the thread you are asking if a New PC will have Windows Live capabilities. Either way, here are both answers:

• For Games: It is up to the Publisher if they want the game to use Windows live as a digital rights manager. If they do, that game will be Associated With Your Windows Live ID, which is basically Your Microsoft account, mail account, Xbox Live account et cetera. And it will also increase Your total gamescore for Your gamertag. There is no certain way of knowing this before an official statement from the Development or Publishing team.
  • For machines: If the machine uses Windows as an operatingsystem then you will have easy Access to Windows Live Applications, further focused With Windows 8 operatingsystem.
#6 Posted by koobz2142 (22 posts) -

I screwed up, I meant PC GAME not PC console :P

#7 Posted by FritzDude (2269 posts) -

Is there a game in particulari you have in mind?

#8 Posted by koobz2142 (22 posts) -

Assassin's Creed III and Need for Speed Most Wanted 2012

#9 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

No one will use Steam the other will use Origin if you just mean achievements. But both will 99% likely be configured for the Xbox controller

#10 Edited by koobz2142 (22 posts) -

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

No one will use Steam the other will use Origin if you just mean achievements. But both will 99% likely be configured for the Xbox controller

guilty as charged, I couldn't bring my xbox to college so windows live games are a big plus for building my xbox portfolio. Thankfully, i could bring my controller :D

#11 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@koobz2142: Im the same wish all PC games had the option, the Dirt games, both the Batman games, the Dirt2 and 3 and Bulletstorm are PC games I've gotten chevos from. Fallout 3 and GTA IV have them aswel.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.