Something went wrong. Try again later
    Follow

PC

Platform »

The PC (Personal Computer) is a highly configurable and upgradable gaming platform that, among home systems, sports the widest variety of control methods, largest library of games, and cutting edge graphics and sound capabilities.

Wired mouse recommendations?

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Aegon

Can't seem to find anything on wired mice at wirecutter...which, come to think of it, makes some sense. Mine is crapping out on me. Any recommendations?

tearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 52

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Corevi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Just get a Microsoft mouse.

pr1mus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

The Deathadder is an amazing mouse... until it craps out on you in 6 months. I've gone through 3 of them in the last couple years, 3 different generation of the model too and they never lasted more than a couple months. And i'm not a particularly aggressive player either.

Super comfortable and precise no doubt but never again.

I went with a SteelSeries Sensei Raw. It's good. It's simple, comfortable and ambidextrous if this is something important for you. It was pretty cheap and still works great after more than a year.

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

Just get your basic logitech mouse for 20 bucks. I've been using basically(i broke it and bought a new one) the same mouse for going on a decade probably and I've never wished I had a different mouse.

Avatar image for chumley_marchbanks
    chumley_marchbanks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

If you're looking for sturdy and reliable, avoid past two generations of Logitech G series mice. I got a G500s for Christmas and it developed the infamous double click problem within four months, and the warranty replacement I got, which was the G502, felt so cheap and tacky that I think it would have broken within weeks just from regular use. The only mouse that I can personally recommend is the Logitech MX518 (if you can find one) because I've had this thing for about five years and it's still going strong.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Karkarov

Best straight forward wired mouse you can get without a ton of insane extra stuff? I would say go for a microsoft comfort mouse 4500. 25 bucks, will work, even has a side button. If you want more of a solid wired gaming mouse without all the insane extras get a Razer Deathadder or Steelseries Rival. Logitech should be avoided unless you want to go to the serious gaming mice level, in which case their mmo mouse the G600 and their G700 are both great mice.

EdgeKasey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.corsair.com/en-ca/gaming-mice/vengeance-gaming-mice

Very happy with this.

SpoogeMcduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been using a Mad Catz Rat 3 for a couple years now, if it ever dies I'm sticking with them

korwin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By korwin

Roccat Kone Pure Optical, easily the best mouse I've owned in years.

For context in the last 3 years I've had the following mice

• Logitech G5
    • Razer Mamba
    • Razer Deathadder
    • Corsair M65

Of those the build quality on the expensive ass Mamba was a massive pile of flaming garbage and the Corsair M65 has seemingly been designed purely for people with hands whose bones structure is that of a birds (any amount of resting weight from my hands triggers one of the buttons).

ripelivejam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

logitech g500 is perfect out of the ones i've used, just feels amazing in my hand. the middle click broke on it but i still use it at work. recently got a g502 proteus core (upgraded version) to replace it at home, and it's decent but just not really the same (the shape isn't quite as pleasant). i'll see how it goes though.

strikeuno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By strikeuno

Logitech G400 is your best bet if you can find one.

Reasons why

• Simple, minimalist design (no colored leds or other "gamer" aesthetics)
    • Buttons, there's only 5, not counting the dpi switches just forward and back buttons to map a reload or grenade hotkey to
    • Built like a fucking tank I've had this for a daily driver for 4 years and counting and it still registers like a champ
    • This thing is only $50, it has all the things you need with no filler
    49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Just look at some Logitech gaming mice and pick one after doing some research. I had a MX518 for about 4 years which was great, and recently upgraded to the G502 which I really like so far.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I miss the G9X.Right now I have that super-high-end one they put out recently. The one with ridiculously high DPI capacity. It's just as good, but the G9X was way less flashy, which I really dug.

Bollard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 12

#16  Edited By Bollard

Do anything within your power to find an MX518. They are discontinued now, but it is the best mouse in the world.

No Caption Provided

Just look at it. Had it 4+ years and I can't ever imagine using another mouse. Only cost like £30 too.

r3beld0gg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By r3beld0gg

Not sure if it's been suggested, but I use the Logitech G600 MMO Gaming Mouse. It's a bit pricey, but I couldn't live without it. I don't even game much on the PC, though I originally bought it a few years ago for WoW (which I don't play anymore).

There are 12 buttons on the side, left, right and middle click, tilt, and two buttons behind the wheel. Then there is a third click that acts as a shifter, doubling the functionality of the 12 side buttons. Each button can be programmed to do whatever you want. Macros, key combos, whatever. Then it can auto switch profiles for different applications. It's a bit complicated, but once you get used to it you won't be able to go back to a regular mouse.

I use it to switch windows between monitors, change/close/reopen tabs in browsers, close windows, delete, backspace and enter, copy/paste, launch browser... all kinds of shit. Plus it feels really nice. There's a wireless version, as well, I believe. Might be wrong. Worth the <$100 or so I payed.

No Caption Provided

Franstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did a PCPartPicker.com search by rating for mice and came up with the Logitech G500. I haven't used it that much, but it feels great and has the perfect number of features for me without any unnecessarily "sick" design aspects.

Unfortunately for me, the G500 isn't compatible with OS X, but I was able to program the buttons on a Windows partition and assign them as generic buttons on OS X. I mention this because the G500S is more highly rated (and Mac-compatible), but I haven't used one so I can't compare how it's an upgrade from the G500.

GaspoweR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By GaspoweR

@aegon: What's your budget and what are you looking for exactly? If its just a sturdy mouse than any of the Logitech mice that has come out will probably do the job.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@bollard said:

Do anything within your power to find an MX518. They are discontinued now, but it is the best mouse in the world.

No Caption Provided

Just look at it. Had it 4+ years and I can't ever imagine using another mouse. Only cost like £30 too.

This; but the new one is the G400. They literally just took the MX518 and rebranded it to the G400; get that.

GreggD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Aegon

Thanks for all the input guys. It's appreciated. This should be enough for an informed purchase.

1337W422102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Love the Logitech MX518; used it for about a decade. It still works; I've just upgraded to the Logitech G400s, which is basically the new MX518. I think it even says that much right on the box.

bushpusherr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#25  Edited By bushpusherr

Microsoft Intellimouse is the absolute best for me. Super simple, really good fit in the hand. Inexpensive, and sturdy.

No Caption Provided

MillaJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If you want something basic, Microsoft's Intellimouse has long been popular and reliable. Even competitive gamers have used them. That's kinda old info, though, as I haven't looked into meeses in a while.

I've used a simple Logitech "Click!" mouse that has been quite functional for MANY years. Don't know if they still make them.

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.