Wireless 360 Controller wont Sync to PC

#1 Posted by Jackel2072 (2237 posts) -

Hello guys im having a problem getting my newly purchased wireless 360 controller to sync up with my PC. i have the little wireless dongle i installed the drivers for said device. nothing is showing in device manager as "unknown" its just when i go to press the Sync button on the dongle the 360 controller just keeps flashing and never connects. Anyone have any thoughts. i tried contacting Microsoft and even they cant help me

#3 Edited by Oscar__Explosion (2203 posts) -

@jackel2072: Did you also push the sync button on the controller itself? (The small button on top)

#4 Posted by Jackel2072 (2237 posts) -

yup. the lights all fresh for a brief second then it just goes back to a steady flashing. it will not connect

#5 Edited by jacksmedulla (278 posts) -

@jackel2072: Have you installed any other controller programs like motionjoy? I had a similar problem with my wired 360 controller recently; the drivers from motionjoy conflicted with the Microsoft drivers.

#6 Edited by Jackel2072 (2237 posts) -

@jacksmedulla said:

@jackel2072: Have you installed any other controller programs like motionjoy? I had a similar problem with my wired 360 controller recently; the drivers from motionjoy conflicted with the Microsoft drivers.

YES! i just figured out this is the problem! how the fuck to i completely remove the drivers for this? i uninstalled DS3 tool a while ago but whenever i plug in this device it still shows up as a motionjoy X input device or what ever.

#7 Edited by Jackel2072 (2237 posts) -

ok finally removed them and now it works! thank god thats over!

This edit will also create new pages on Giant Bomb for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Giant Bomb users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.